Chapter 21

Gabriel's POV

I frowned as I felt her mind closing in on me.

She was blocking me. Why?

I tried again but this time her mind was firmly shut. "Damn it." I muttered under my breath.

"What?" Fabio who was sitting next to me asked. Our Jeep was the first of three vehicles that were heading toward Eastlea, the hunters base. One of the vehicles was a truck full of supernaturals and we were going to get Santana and Finn back. I didn't care if it killed me, I want going to let them be sucked into the hunters system.

"She's shutting me out of her mind." I mumbled in response to his query. Why would she do that? Had Lucas already brainwashed her? Subconsciously, I stepped harder in the gas pedal.

"Easy easy. Maybe she is busy." Fabio said quietly.

I didn't ease up. I was livid. She has openly disobeyed me after she had given me her word. Now this. I stepped ever harder.

We were almost there and I could hardly wait to get her out of there. We took a detour and almost as soon as we turned I saw Santana's car packed down the road. My chest constricted in response. She was here.

This knowledge pushed me to hurry everyone up and quickly position the fighters around the parameters. We were going to try and negotiate first and if that didn't work, we'd call for backup.

Fabio, Farah, Jonathan, myself and six other supernaturals were coming with us to the negotiations. The walk to the gate wasn't too long and when we got there, as I expected there was tight security but that didn't matter.

The abnormally large man at the gate marched towards us as we approached.

"State your business." He demanded.

"I want to see Lucas Marino." I replied.

"Who are you?" He demanded.

"Tell him to stop hiding behind guards and come and give me what he took." I snapped.

The giant smirked. "Brute doesn't want to see you."

"He has no choice." I bit out. Impatience was getting the better of me.

"We come in peace. Please tell him we come just for talking not fight." Fabio butted in having noticed my mood.

The giant regarded Fabio coldly. "Nobody asked you to  talk, Blondie." He scoffed.

I squinted threateningly at him but before I could pounce, the gate opened and a boy came out.

"Yo Jim! Brute said stop aggrevatin' our guests and let them through." He yelled.

Jim scrowled as he grudgingly moved aside to let us pass.

"Too many." The boy said. "Only four of you can come in."

I had anticipated this so Fabio, Jonathan and Farah followed me inside while the others waited outside.

Three guards greeted us at the gate and led us inside the house , down a chain of corridors to a room with a closed door.

One of the guards knocked three times then opened the door. He didn't go in but held the door open for us enter.

The room was large and Brute was sitting on a large office chair behind a mahogany desk.

"Well, this is a surprise." He greeted leaning back on his chair with a smirk. "To what do I owe the pleasure?"

"You took something of ours. I'd like it back." I said.