Chapter 5

Cedric McLain.

"What the hell are you doing?"

McLain literally shook at the sound of my voice and the grin disappeared instantly.

"Get up!" I screamed. I wanted to run him over with my car so he had to get up before I actually did it.

He shot up immediately with a wary look.

The crowd had fallen silent and I immediately became conscious that I was the only one talking.

I grtted my teeth and hissed, "Get in the car."

I got in before him and settled down. He got in and regarded me silently.

I drove away from the crowd silently wondering how anyone could do a thing like that. I thought he was dead!

"Are you gonna say something or we are just going to be like this the whole day?" He finally broke the silence.

"I thought I had killed a man!" I cried throwing him an furious glance.

"I can imagine your disappointment when you saw that it only a werewolf." He said clearly trying to lighten the mood by my dark mood was nowhere near light.

"This isn't funny, McLain. What were you doing?" I asked scrowling.

"I was trying to get your attention. Besides I have always wanted to get hit by a car. I'm fine by the way, thanks for asking." He said with a grin.

"How old are you? Seven?" My scrowl deepened. "Don't ever do that again, you hear?"

He shrugged. "Does that mean I'm forgiven?" He smiled.

"No! And you left school? Do you have any idea how much I panicked?"

"That I will not apologize for. I hate teaching. I don't know why I couldn't just be a goddamn student." I mumbled the last part.

I glanced at his broad muscle ripped chest. He wouldn't be a convincing student. "It's because you are too much of an idiot." I told him.

He laughed. It was infectious because I found myself chuckling too.

"Where are we going?" He suddenly asked.

"To my house." I told him.

"No. I have to talk to you guys and we need to go somewhere private. Is Finn still in school?"

"He was going to meet me at home to talk about you." I replied in a deadpan voice.

"Well, call him and tell him to meet us here." He handed me an address written on a piece of paper.

"Do you always write your address on pieces of paper?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"Yes." He said seriously.

I called Finn on the car phone to give him the address then I let McLain direct me to the house.

It was a cute tiny cottage that was a little isolated. I assumed it was because of its size and nature because the houses surrounding it were big and it just sat there looking gray among bright houses. I liked it. It was kind of like me. An outcast because of my nature but I drew attention anyway because I was too different.

I parked the car and we exited.

"This where you live?" I asked.

"Sure. For the time being. Come on." He led the way into the tiny cottage.

Funny, I felt very comfortable around him considering that a few days ago he was a stranger to me. Now it was as if I knew and trusted him all my life. It was really strange.