Chapter 18

"Finn!" I screamed.

He's safe. He's safe. He's safe. My mind kept repeating that over and over. But was he?

"Hey, Santana." He grinned at me.

I thought he was a prisoner! Why is he acting all buddy-buddy with the hunters?

"What are you doing?" I asked still confused.

"What are you doing?" He raised an eyebrow. "You should have told us you were coming." He stated as if this was a social visit.

"Yes, you really should have, sweetheart." Dad put in. "But if she had none of this entertainment would have happened." He added with a smirk.

I just stared at them eyes wide, my brain refusing to understand what was happening right now. Had Finn joined the hunters? Is that what was happening? Was I being played right now? Anger was slowly rising in me as I gazed at dad's smug smirk and Finn's equally satisfied look.
Cedric's pained grunt reminded me that he was still there. But it also reminded Dad.

"Oh, get rid of that mess." He said waving his hand as if he could smell something foul. Did he mean kill??

Three hunters started threateningly towards him.

"No!" I screamed pushing my hands out in their direction and they flew back and fell to the ground. I didn't know I could do that!

I ran and knelt by his side. Black stuff was oozing from his wound to the ground and I could tell that he was loosing strength. He opened his eyes when I stroked his hair and he smiled weakly.

"Looks like someone has learnt a few impressive tricks." Lucas remarked. "But you know I can't keep the wolf here."

"Then let him go home!" My eyes implored the man who used to be my hero but had turned into a scary stranger.

"Are you out of your mind? You think I'll let him run to Master Gabriel?" He snapped at me.

"Are you out of your mind? He needs treatment! What did you do to him?" I asked .

"Wolf's bane, sweetheart. Poisons the ugly creatures." Dad said with a disgusted frown. "He doesn't have much time left. The dose they gave him will kill him."

I gasped at his nonchalant tone. Did he not care about killing another creature? When exactly had he become this heartless?

"So there's no point keeping him alive, honey. He's dying slowly but surely." He continued his tone persuasive as if he was trying to convince me to kill my friend.

I frowned at him. All thoughts of giving him the benefit of the doubt were gone. He was the enemy there was no doubt about it.
I watched him take a gun from his pocket.

"No!" I stood up from the ground. "You are not killing him." I stated firmly.

He laughed lightly. "Oh no, I'm not." I breathed lightly in relief which was short-lived because what he did next was more horrifying. "But he will." Dad turned to Finn and handed him the gun.

Noooo! At that moment I knew I hated my father and the was the last time I was ever going to call him father.

"You can't turn Finn into a killer!" I yelled angrily pointing at him.

"Watch me, darling. He's my son and he will do as I say." He said firmly.

"You are a monster." I bit out watching as Finn toyed with the gun in his hands.

Lucas smirked. "So I have been told. Do it." He commanded Finn.

Finn moved slowly into the circle towards us looking uncertain.