Chapter 10

My eyes popped open and I was disoriented for a few seconds then I remembered what today was. It was training day!
I checked the time on my clock: 5:23am.

I jumped out of bed excitedly then I ran to the bathroom not bothering to slip on my slippers. I was sleepy but who cared about sleep when I was going for my first supernatural training.

Considering how low my spirits had been last night, I was surprised that I was feeling so upbeat today. I had cried myself to sleep last night and I had had to get up and change my pillow because the one I had been lying on was so wet because of the tears.

Well, today I was a whole different person. And I was going to school! With Gabriel.
The thought of Gabriel's disapproving face made me shower faster but it didn't water down my excitement.

After my shower I put on a pair of blue shorts and a white vest plus a pair of ankle boots. To avoid yesterday's fiasco, I secured my hair with two scrunchies and I put it in a messy bun with a few tendrils loosely framing my face.

I made it downstairs by 5:53am but I was unsure where to go. The house was so quiet at that time in the morning. I hovered by the dining room door for a few seconds debating whether to get something to eat or not. While I was deciding one of the maids I had met yesterday came up to me from the dining room hiding a bowl of yogurt and a spoon on a tray.

"Your yogurt, Miss Santana." She said.

It was such a pleasant surprise. "How did you...?" I started taking the bowl and the spoon from the tray.

"Your brother informed us of your preferences." She told me.

"Ah, of course he did. Thank you so much." I almost squealed in delight as a put a spoonful in my mouth.

"Master Gabriel would like you to meet him in the Fresh Hell room at precisely 6am." She gave me a small bow then left me to my yogurt.

I downed it as quickly as I could and I rushed to the kitchen in which the maids insisted on cleaning my bowl for me. I let them. I had woken up in time, no way I was going to be late because of a bowl.

I ran all the way down to Fresh Hell. Before I entered the room I glanced at my wrist watch. Damnit! I was 2 minutes late.

Taking a deep breath, I opened the door and entered the room. I didn't see Gabriel right away but when I looked deeper in the room I saw two small dumble weights hurtling towards me in mid air. I ducked. But they didn't hurtle past me, they hovered close to each of my hands. Frowning, I reached out and held them.

Looking up in confusion, I saw Gabriel emerging from deep inside the room. He was wearing a snug pair of dark denim pants and a stretchy muscle top and I could see his gorgeous abs through that damned shirt.

"Hie." I breathed.

"You're late." He stated.

"Sorry, I took your advice and had something to eat." I smiled broadly.

"Hmm." He turned away from me. "Come. Let's get started."

"You were making these fly?" I asked shaking the weights in my hands as I followed him.

"Those are yours from now on. They have your name on them." He told me as he stopped by a table then he turned back to me.

I looked at the weights more carefully and a saw a small inscription, 'Lioness' it said.
"Lioness?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah. I christian you Lioness." He announced doing a little wave of his hand.

"I already have a name."