Chapter 12

"You seem to be on good terms with John. Why don't you ask him for suggestions?"

Julian was currently arguing with Adelaide abou trusting John to suggest a restaurant. As always, Julian was winning.

"Julian," Adelaide whined.

"Adelaide," he mocked.

"Stop."

"Fine," he muttered. "But at least do some good and ask John for a suggestion. He's not too fond of me after our last meeting."

Adelaide stifled a laugh. It was true- Julian and John weren't exactly friends after the bell-ringing incident. "Okay, I'll ask him."

The elevator opened and welcomed them to the lobby with its too-familiar ding. Much to their astonishment, John was awake- and actually working.

"No sleep today, John?" Julian teased. "What gives?" John replied with a scowl, making Adelaide jab Julian in his arm.

"Ow!" He yelled out. "What was that for?"

"For being an idiot," Adelaide retorted, shaking her head. "Sorry, John."

John smiled at Adelaide and greeted her politely. "It's not a big deal. How may I help you?"

"We wanted to go out to dinner, and were wondering if you had a restaurant you could suggest," Adelaide said.

"Restaurant, eh?" John looked up thoughtfully at the hanging chandelier. "Yup! Délicieux is a good one. It's a french restaurant, and I would go for the pasta with Sauce Forestière. It's the perfect place for dinner for couples like you guys."

"We're not a couple," Adelaide said, without missing a beat.

John grinned like a fool. "I honestly don't know what you see in him, but if you want your relationship to be a secret, I won't spill."

"No, seriously," Adelaide said sternly. "We're not a couple."

"Good," John shrugged. "I would have called you crazy."

Adelaide ignored the last comment and thanked John for his suggestion after asking for directions.

"It's exactly six blocks from here," he explained. "Once you leave the hotel, turn right and walk the six blocks, then turn another right. It's the third building on your left. You can't miss it."

They were in for quite the walk.

*****

Casanova was a practical joke.

Well, Adelaide knew that, but she didn't know that he had a strong liking to the cheesiest moments and sayings. He was Casanova- a player. Surely, he had a better opening line to deceive the many girls who fell head over heels for him.

And Adelaide was laughing manically, attracting a couple of stares and questioning looks at poor Julian. "Did you really say that once?" She managed between laughs.

Julian was finally done with the glares from people walking by them, so he decided he would add something to spice up the situation.

"Hey, Angel?"

"Yeah?" Adelaide was still laughing.

"If you don't stop, I'm going to yell something that you'll regret later," he said with a smirk. Adelaide nearly choked, clearing her throat and gaining control of herself.

"We're not a couple," she said firmly.

"Good."