Chapter 2

Hey! It's me again. Remember the girl who was eating honey buns and Oreos last time? Yup that's me. Anywhoooo, I want to dedicate this chapter to @TheVintagePoet34 for being the first one to vote and comment on this story. Thanks!
Alrighty back to the story..

~*CHAPTER 2*~

The day was rather long, but finally, the last bell had the courage to erupt and let them all out of school.

Adelaide waited anxiously in the school field, wondering if Julian had forgotten his promise.
Then again, what could those rings have to do with? He's too young to propose, being sixteen, like her.

Casanova's figure walked out of the building, and her worries instantly vanished. Thank god he didn't forget, she thought.

Once again, he didn't rush to find his way through the grown grass and vile bugs and insects. Can he take any longer?

"I'm surprised you waited for me Delle," he said. "I would think you went home."

"I wish, but when it comes to rings on my desk after a 'living' spider, I think I need to you hear you out. No matter how much I hate you," she scoffed.

He smirked again, letting her know he was amused.

"So?" She asked impatiently.

"So, what?"

"What are the rings about?"

I swear, I would have chopped off his head then and there, she scolded him silently.

"You mean the Torch Rings? Oh, I promised to tell you their story, didn't I? Silly me, always forgetful," he teased. She rolled her eyes in frustration.

"Just answer the question."

"The Torch Rings are a present given to the Ring Bearer-"

"Hold it right there, Casanova," Adelaide interrupted. "Ring Bearer? What is this, some kind of joke?"

"If you waited to listen, you wouldn't be asking such questions, Bliss," he argued calmly, staring at her like a hawk watching its prey- dangerously and silently. She stood silently, encouraging him to finish his explanation.

"The Ring Bearer is sort of like a god. He's strong, powerful, and as you may know, quite wise. In either case, the Ring Bearer bears a box of enchanted rings. Those rings could destroy humanity, because they have the power to cast love spells." He held up the two rings he had given her, as if to prove his point. "These rings are a replica- they have no power. However, if they are combined with another set of rings, known as the Majorca rings, then the person holding those rings will be able to trick the Ring Bearer, and take the original Torch Rings away."

"What are you saying?" She asked quietly. "What do I have to do with any of this?"

"You, my dear, are a big part of my plan,' he said amusingly. "I need you to come with me."

Was Casanova out of his mind? Adelaide understand he was idiotic, and simply daring, but seriously?

"What? I didn't even know what those things were until now! Why me?" She argued. No, she did not want to go with him anywhere.

"That's why you're perfect for the job, Miss Bliss,' he defended. She stared at him, shocked. "You need to come with me and help me steal the rings back from the Ring Bearer. No big deal."

"No big deal? Are you out of your darn mind? You want me, to go somewhere- anywhere- that I didn't even know existed, to battle with someone who has the power of a god?" Adelaide almost shouted.