Please Stay

Echo's P.O.V.-

"Jordan!" I call.

"Hey Echo," he turns to me, "Sorry for disappearing yesterday." 

"No that's alright," I respond in a rush, breathless and exhilarated, "I talked to her! Harmony, the girl I'm haunting." 

"Oh, that's great?" He questions warily, "How did you just happen to find her injured. You didn't. . . " 

"No," I shake my head, making a motion across my wrists. Recognition overflows in his green-grey eyes. 

"Oh, that." he looks down, and I start to wonder if he ever did that. 

"I hate that she would do that though. It's like I gave her all my bad habits when I died, like it's all m fault." 

"Yeah," he exhales, "Suicide doesn't take away the pain, it gives it to someone else."

The truth of his statement hits me full on, "You don't think that she. . .no, she couldn't." 

"No, I don't think she will, Harmony doesn't seem the type" he reassures, "But maybe that's why you're here, to make sure she doesn't. Give her a reason to stay." 

"Brandon," I whisper.

"What?" he asks, puzzled.

"Oh, umm, my ex Brandon, the night I died, he told me he loved her. It wasn't the main reason I left, it pushed me over the edge," I bite my lip. 

His eyes cloud over at the mention of Brandon's name, "Do you still love him?" I see the pain in Jordan's eyes. I can fix that.

"It still hurts that he would do that, but not because I like him. I realized when I died that the people who are there for you are the only ones that matter. It really only hurts because he left me for a preppy girl, and the preppy girl was kind of my own personal bully. He knew that." I squeeze my eyes shut.

"I'm so sorry Echo, he's an idiot. You're beautiful, if he didn't see that he's blind," Jordan blushes as it dawns on him what he said, "Oh, no, I'm sorry. I didn't mean too-" 

I cut him off with a kiss. His eyes fly wide open, so surprised that it takes him a second to kiss me back. But he does.

He's gentle and passionate at the same time, like he's afraid to break the moment. I softly bite his lip ring, smiling as he moans. His hands go to my waist as he grabs my hips and pulls me to him. 

It's my turn to sigh, his tongue, cautious and sweet, enters my parted lips. He tastes like hot cocoa, his lips warm and delicate. His fingers trace my back, and I'm lost in the moment. I thought I'd been kissed before, but nothing has ever felt like this.

Fireworks explode in my heart, as I tentatively explore his mouth. After a few moments, I break off, exhilarated.

"Jordan. . ."

"Echo. . ." 

Words can't express the moment, so I kiss him again. He picks me up bridal, and I lay my head on his chest. 

"Can we stay like this forever?" I beg.

"As long as you're here with me, I know I'll be ok," He sings. 

"They say that love is forever," I join in.

"Your forever is all that I need," he smiles. 

"Please stay, forever with me."