Arguments on the Waves

"It's either Ogygia, home of the goddess Calypso, or the island of Circe the Sorcerer." Nico insisted.

Reyna shook her head firmly. "It's not Circe's Island."

"How do you know?"

"I used to live there. A bunch of pirates burned everything there to the ground." Reyna said curtly. "So that leaves us with Calypso's island."

"Well there's the island that Apollo and Artemis were born on." Thalia pointed out.

"True. Gods, I wish there was some way to figure this out that involved less guesswork." Reyna rubbed her face tiredly. 

"There probably is, we just don't have access to it." Piper put in. Her temporary captain tipped her head in acknowledgement of the daughter of Aphrodite's comment.

"So what do we do?" Nico questioned. "We can't ge-"

"What I want to know is why you didn't sail off once clean-up was over." Thalia interrupted. 

Nico raised an eyebrow at her. "Maybe because I heard what happened on your ship without any allies."

Thalia glared at him. "You don't trust yourself then?"

"I care for my crew, Thalia, which seems to be more than what you could say about yours. You didn't seem overly pained when your crew was slaughtered."

"Casualties happen, di Angelo. No point wasting time grieving for them if I know I couldn't save them."

"But you could." Nico retorted. "If we had kept close or contacted Jackson, maybe it wouldn't have happened in the first place."

Reyna stared at the two of them. She had no clue where this argument had come in, but it looked like it was going to get ugly very quickly.

"I don't need some slimy seaweed boy to keep me safe!" Thalia snapped. "I can do it just fine."

"Oh I see that. That's the reason there's only three of your crew left including yourself, right?"

"That was a special case."

Nico scoffed. "Why, because your brother was doing the killing? Were you too scared to hurt your own sibling? What happened to the 'my crew doesn't matter' attitude?"

"Jason isn't my crew, he's my brother. You're pushing this much too far, di Angelo, if you keep it up I will retaliate with more than words."

"I'd love nothing more than to meet that challenge." Nico snarled at his cousin. 

"Enough!" Reyna barked. "You can settle the beef you obviously have with each other later. Right now we need to figure out how to get the captain back and you are going to help or I'll hunt you all down when you go running."

"Cap'n!" Someone shouted from the deck.

Reyna sighed. "I'll be right back. Piper, keep them from killing each other."

"Yes Cap'n."

"I'm not the captain!"

------------------------------

Percy sighed and sifted another rock out of the sand under his feet. He hurled the stone out into the waves and counted the skips. It kept his mind off the dream, which he was still having trouble understanding.

The people seemed to be looking for him. He must have been on one of the ships before he showed up on Calypso's island.

"What are you thinking about?" As if he had summoned her by thinking of her, Calypso was standing behind him. Bending over, he dug for another stone.

"My dream."

"I thought you didn't remember it."

"I don't." He lied. "I'm trying to remember."

"Oh." Calypso watched as Percy skipped another stone out into the waves. "Any luck?"

"Not much. I remember a ship." Percy shrugged.

"That's a start." Calypso told him. 

She watched for a while as he skipped rocks.

"Do you see that?" She suddenly asked.

Percy squinted out to where Calypso's slim finger was pointing. "It looks like a piece of driftwood."

"Are you sure?"

"Pretty...Do you want me to go out and get it?"

"No. You might rip your wounds open and then I'll have to re-dress them and start the process over again." She shrugged and walked off. Percy turned to watch her go. Once she was out of sight, he turned and ran into the waves.

The water shot a bright pang of refreshment into him. He swam strongly out to the chunk of driftwood, which actually was driftwood, and began to pull it in.

"What are you doing?" Calypso had returned to the beach. "You're going to hurt yourself!"

"I'm fine!" Percy shouted back, pushing the driftwood in front of him as he swam towards the sand.

He stepped out of the water, completely dry, and hefted the driftwood onto the beach. "What do you think of it?"

She turned him around roughly and pulled down the shoulder of his shirt. "No blood. How?"

Percy shrugged.

"Get back to the cave. I want to check the wounds underneath."

"Alright." 

[A/N I'm just going to stop leaving author's notes when I don't have anything important to say]