Speechless

Jason watched the new slaves as they worked. The blonde seemed rather reluctant, but she was a princess. Every once in a while, the boy, Leo Valdez, said something to her, probably some sort of incentive.

His eyes strayed to the other girl. There was no other way to say it. She was gorgeous. Her dress was rather short, and didn't have the layers of a noblewoman's outfit, showing off her curves.

"Jason, I know that look. Don't even think about it." He flinched at Light's cold voice next to him.

"I don't know what yer talkin' about." She immediately slapped him upside the head then grabbed his shirt and pulled him close to her face.

"Do not hide things from me, Jason Grace. I see the way you look at that little whore. I will not tolerate my little brother sleeping with a common servant girl from the palace of Athens of all places."

"Yes, Ma'am." He muttered. She let go of his shirt and walked away.

Jason looked back at the slaves. The blonde was watching him with her calculating grey eyes. He knew nobody had told them about the people on the ship, but without a doubt, she was a daughter of Athena. Ironic that she was the princess of Athens. He sneered at her. "Back to work, Princess."

After a few moments, he sauntered over to the four of them. "Have you ever considered that to get out of those chains all you have to do is join us?"

Little Miss Princess ignored him, as did the boys, which was normal. The final prisoner, the girl, looked up at him.

"And how would I go about doing that?" She asked.

"Just say the words, gorgeous." Had that actually slipped out?

She blushed lightly and looked at the blonde. "Don't you dare, Piper."

"Not your choice, Princess." He snapped.

"I'll do it." He smirked and unchained her. She stood and brushed off her dress. "Goodbye, Annabeth." Jason led her away, slipping his arm around her waist. She immediately shoved him off. "Just because I'm a low class woman does not mean that I will allow some low life pirate to take advantage of me." He grabbed her arm and forcefully pulled her close.

"Listen here, sweetheart, you obviously don't understand the pecking order on this ship. I'm first mate, therefore above you. You will not disrespect me or the captain."

"First of all, don't call me sweetheart. Second, who said anything about disrespecting the captain?"

A chuckle sounded from the deck above them, and the captain dropped down, landing lightly. "Let the girl go, Jason. She'll be a wonderful addition to the crew. Welcome aboard, Piper."

-----------

Annabeth was still fuming. "How dare she! The nerve of that little-" Curses rolled off her tongue that would make the most hardened sailors wince.

"Annabeth, with all due respect ma'am, you need to shut up. First Mate Jason would lash you for speaking that way about anyone, much less the lady he was eyeing earlier."

"That would be correct, Valdez. 20 lashes to the princess." Jason's voice echoed from close behind them.

"No!" Leo squeaked. "I'll take-"

A hand slapped over his mouth. Jason smiled cruelly.

"So the Silent One wants the lashes does he?" The black haired, sea-green eyed boy nodded.

Jason turned to the rest of the crew, who were watching from various areas of the ship.

"Anyone else think they're in need of lashes?" He called.

Instantly, calls of "I've been awful!" and "Stuff's been disappearing all week, I might have been involved!" rang through the air.

"Lashes for everyone then?" The raven-haired boy immediately straightened, nodding seriously.

"300 lashes for Prisoner Mute." Jason called. Travis and Conner jogged over and pulled the nameless boy to his feet, unlocking him.

"What are they doing?!" Annabeth hissed.

Leo shook his head, his eyes filled with pain.

"Strip him."

As the brothers pulled the boy's shirt off, Annabeth gasped. His body was covered in scars from whippings long past.

"That's the problem. This has happened before." Leo said sadly.

[A/N Don't worry people, Jiper will happen. Just not right away. The ways this story could go, my brain is practically blowing up with ideas! Also, tell me if you like the third person thing or if you would like me to keep it the way it is.]