Chapter 6 - The Interview

Start from the beginning

"Giving rules and guidance is certainly an important part, but when you go into action, you have to be able to read body language, to make sure your Submissive is comfortable with what you are doing to him, and that you are not going over his limits. It's another huge responsibility, because things could go wrong very quickly. It requires a lot of self-control too. You cannot begrudge him for something you wouldn't be able to do yourself for example."

"I understand..." he says, yet he seems to be a bit lost with all the information. "I didn't imagine that... that it implied such responsibilities..."

"It does," Camden confirms in a firm tone. "Being a Dominant is being very responsible. If you fuck up as a Dominant, the consequences can be disastrous."

Yes, Cam knows what he is talking about somehow, and I sometimes wonder if he truly got over this one time he fucked up. It wasn't anything big, but I know it wore its toll on him.

"I think you should really take time and speak with Submissives. Let them tell you about their own vision of the lifestyle. I don't know you and it's not my place to judge you, but from the little I've seen and heard of, I believe you would fit better in this category," I add casually.

"Anyway, part of the Dominant's training includes similar sessions to the Submissives' so that they are familiar with what Subs feel, so if you really want to join the lifestyle and become a member of the Black Diamond, I would strongly recommend that you follow the Sub training. You might realize that this is what suits you best, and if you're still willing to try the Dominant one, you'll already have the basics," Aaron suggests.

"Training, you said?" Shannon asks, straightening his back.

"Yes, training," Aaron explains. "This is mandatory to become a member of the club. You just don't jump into the lifestyle without a minimum of knowledge and practice. You need to learn the basics, and I am not only talking about rules, but also about behavior, postures, and several other things. Depending on your availability, it can take one to three weeks."

"Wow... That's a lot! Did Liam..."

"Liam is a different case, and that's for him to tell you," Joshua cuts him. "Some people are just natural Submissives and don't require that many sessions to learn, but you might need more. This is not being mean to you, Shannon, but as much as I can't imagine you as a Dominant, I don't think you're a natural Sub either, and you will need to learn."

"Yes, I guess," the young man sighs before his expression brightens up. "So how does it work? I mean... How does this training work? Do I need to go to a specific place to take it? Do I need to get like a certification or something before I become a member of the club?" he then asks in a rush.

"No specific place," Aaron chuckles leaning back into his chair. "The Black Diamond offers its own training. As the Master Dom, I'm in charge of most of the sessions, but I also rely on a few Dominants and Submissives to help me. Once you have seriously pondered on what you want to do and decided to take the training, you can come back and we'll arrange some sessions for you, either with me or another Dom. Regarding the certification, it's obviously not like an official diploma, but you'll take a test when you're deemed ready, and if you pass, then yes, you will become a member of the Black Diamond."

"Cool... So, when can I start?" Shannon asks eagerly, his eyes filling with excitement. I'm really getting to like this little bundle of enthusiasm!

"Shannon, you need to think about it first," Aaron opposes, dampening the boy's eagerness. The poor guy's face falls and I feel like punching Aaron's shoulder for breaking his hopes. "I don't want you to take a hasty decision. There's plenty of time. Once you start, you'll have to be serious about it. I do not tolerate any lack of seriousness here. And I'd really like you to talk to other people first."