Magic Rebellion

Description:
Ruthel Nitram is just a faithful son who doesn't want to disappoint his father. He was going to school, minding his own business when certain events happen that causes him to change his path. However, once on the new path, he finds that many things have gone off track. Encouraged by his friends and mentor, he starts a reformation that will change the lives of every one in Lydior.

Ruthel Nitram walked down the path to his home. He had just finished the required school years that the kingdom insisted all the children take. Five years was the limit, albeit you could go on if you wanted...or needed. But Ruthel didn't need it. His family his well cared for; his father was a blacksmith, every one always needed those. He was finally free of what he came to think of as a prison.

"You are going back to school," his father said later that night at the dinner table.

Ruthel nearly spewed the water he was currently drinking. "What?!"  He did not like the idea of going back to the school he had just escaped.

"You are going to become a magician," his father continued. "Since Nosaj will be inheriting the forge, you need a profession that you will be able to make a living on. Magic will do just that."

"But-" Ruthel tried to say.

"Also, since you are the youngest of five, that doesn't leave much for you to do now does it?" Ruthel's father said.

"No, but-"

"Great! Then it's settled," he interrupted again.

"This conversation is feeling very one sided," Ruthel commented.

"You'll go to the magicians school in three days time," the man said. "It's a boarding school so you'll need to pack up."

And so the conversation ended. Ruthel's father had the last word, as always, and Ruthel was going back to prison. Which meant another two years of school. Fun.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The first day at school three days later were the same as any other school, just more focused on magic and how it works. By the first few days, Ruthel had made it known to all the teachers and students that he didn't want to be here just by his punk actions. He would blatantly refuse to do the work while still getting top scores in class. (He didn't want his father all up in his face about not trying very hard to earn a living) However, Ruthel not only didn't want to be there, he didn't agree with some of the principles of the magic that they were teaching. For example; they expressed very strongly that those with magic have different classes, those who are natural at it (which Ruthel was, but that wasn't the point), those who have to work extremely hard at it and those who don't have any potential for magic so they learn combat. These classes are discriminating and most in Ruthel's class act as if they are better than everyone else. Ruthel was the exception.

Another problem was that the teachers had emphasized that those who graduate have the liberty to use their magic to do what ever they want with out any fear of consequences. However if they could not pass their classes, they are kicked out and forbidden from using their magic. Ruthel had the feeling that that is where most of the kingdom's problems come from.

Then one day everything changed, Ruthel had had enough and decided to do something about the problems he was seeing in the Order (the group of magicians that created the laws for the magical world)

The day had progressed just like any other, Ruthel was making his way to the lunch tables, trying to stay out of harms way ('trying' being the key word) when harm came barreling straight at him by way of a large boy by the name of Kajson Ycrep. ( pronounced: Krep...the y is silent)