The Royal Thrive - Chapter 16 - The punishment death

Comenzar desde el principio

"Raine" 

This voice… 

Spinning my head around I see Noah standing behind me and just fitting in with me and the rest who had been in the fight - blood stains tainted his shirt and skin. "Noah" Unable to control it I walked towards him "Thank you" - Wrapping my arms around him it was the only way I could express how happy I am to see him alive and the gratitude I have towards him since he was the one who called for backup. I never knew he would be able to so easily control everything - I guess it's always the silent ones. 

"Let's go home" He pulls away - I couldn't help but smile at his words. They were the words he used when he helped me in the forrest - Noah saved me again, no not just me but all of us who made it out alive.

You ask me, what happened next? Well I can tell you everything happened. My mum went crazy, my dad went mad, the alpha went ballistic, the whole pack lost it's shine. That night - we lost 30 wolves including those who could shift and those who can't. Was it cruel to tell the parents that their child was dead? Yes. Every room that night I walked passed were filled with sobs and yells for revenge. 

We managed to capture a few of the hunters alive. Including Jake - the worst thing that happened next is that he admitted everything. Everything including the fact that Julie went behind everyone's back and kept in contact with him, the fact that she told him she's a werewolf supporting his beliefs and most of all. He admitted she revealed the pack's location which led to the attack. He is definitely going to be put to death, so is his comrades - he knows that Julie will be in serious trouble if he reveals it all out. So he did it. That night when I visited him he admitted that before he dies he will drag at least one of us down. 

Tonight is Julie's verdict of her crime for breeching the werewolf laws and the alliance between the human government and us. The alpha and my father were the only ones who were allowed to go to the meeting through the computer which connected them to the alpha's and beta's from other packs and of course the King himself. 

"Julie will be alright, right?" I asked for reassurance as Jayden and Linda sat next to me in the living room as everyone waits for the results of the verdict. Jayden nods - "Don't worry" Linda pats my back and as I waited I see Nathan and Noah walk towards the room where the meeting is held. "Hey!" I ran up to them "Are you two going to the meeting as well?" I asked as Noah nods whilst Nathan sighs "Yeah, my old man wants our opinion as well" Suddenly a strike of worry made my stomach flutter - not because I'm in love or anything but because I'm scared. "Prince Nathan, Noah you are requested by his majesty" My dad opens the door and Nathan heads in yet before Noah could move I grab onto his hand shaking in fear. 

"Will she be ok?" 

Frowning Noah pats my hand - he's not one to lie.

"I don't know" 

Click. The door closes. 

Back to waiting and waiting the doors finally open as the alpha and my dad walks out first - everyone stands up waiting for their words. My dad meets my eyes briefly somehow something flickered in his eyes. 

"We have came to a result. Julie has badly broken the rules - she has failed us as a pack, as a family and as a werewolf. So the punishment is…" 

Suddenly my mind goes blank - I can't hear the alpha's words anymore. 

I could only see his lips moving. 

"Raine" Jayden taps me as the cries of Julie's parents opened my ears up again - "Huh? What is it Jayden? What was the verdict?" I grabbed onto his sleeve and his expression switches to pain and hurt. 

That confirms it. 

Julie's punishment is…

Death. 

Before you leave please vote or comment below - thanks for the support ^^