Chapter 21: World War III

"And it's hard to hate someone once you understand them."
— Lucy Christoper, Stolen: A Letter to My Captor

I was reading Can You Keep A Secret by Sophie Kinsella in the kitchen, laughing my butt off because of Emma. She found out that the stranger who she kept on babbling her secrets off on the airplane ride, was her boss. She spilled her dark secrets to her big-time boss.

And now I hope that someday if I ever meet the one, I hope we meet in a situation that'll be hilarious. That'll leave the future man of my dreams something to remember me by. I know, of course that at the start I'll think, "who the hell was that guy to do that to me?" because I have no idea that he is the one, but I gotta dream. Or, I could just wait for my "dark knight in shinning armor", accidentally and not intently rescuing me from my bedroom from a freak who wants to marry me- okay, I'm thinking of Will Herondale too much when he rescued Tessa Gray.

So much for my daydreaming, I heard a female scream from the living room.

I left Ron, Mike and Fi in the living room doing gods know what an hour ago. Ron, so insensitive, didn't feel like leaving my house at all. Shutting my fears off, I trusted Ron with my cousins and I left them there. Now what in tartarus are they doing?

"GWEN! LOOK OUT!" Mike yelled at me when I was at the entrance of the living room.

There was a small helicopter toy, flying around the living room. Fi was the one controlling it and somehow, the helicopter was flying out of control. When Mike yelled at me, the toy almost hit my neck but I ducked.

"What? YOU WANT ME TO BE NEARLY HEADLESS NICK?" I yelled over Fi. She was panicking and quickly thumbing the remote control.

"Holy Hades! WHAT HAPPENED HERE?!" I nearly screamed off of my lungs. Now that there wasn't any helicopter trying to kill me, I got a look at the living room.

The couch was upside down, Ron, Mike and Fi were hiding behind it. There were crashed eggs on the walls. Stuff toys were armed and seated all over the living room. The three were wearing pillows and blankets all over their bodies like they were some sort of armor. And Ron was wearing that seems like the cover of a lampshade as a hat. It was like World War Three happening here.

"PRIVATE!" Ron called out to me. "Get your butt over here before you die." His voice was stern. I observed his face to find something. I don't even know what that something is.

What the? Is he serious? What should I suppose to do?
I have thousands of emotions running through me. I mean, Ron is kind of a stranger to me and he's playing with my cousins like they were doing this all the time. I never felt so confused right this moment in my entire life. This seems all weird.

I was dumbstruck of what was happening, I didn't see an arrow pointed at me. The arrow hit my forehead and man did that hurt. I rubbed my forehead.

"Gwen! Are you alright?" Mike ran over to me and reached for the arrow on my feet. I didn't answer. I  was still rubbing my forehead when Mike pulled me towards the couch.

"She needs medical attention." Ron announced. Mike made me sit down behind the couch with them. I looked around and there were more trash here.

"Who shot me?" I asked.

"Get me the rubby-thingy," Ron ordered Fi and ignored my question. I blinked twice, focusing. Ron wiped my forehead with something wet and cold.

"Who shot me?" I asked again.

"I did, Private." Ron simply replied and continued with what he was doing. I slapped Ron's hand off of me.

Private? Why the hell did he shot me? Instead of asking those questions, I asked, "Could you please turn off that war music? It's making my head dizzy."