"Sure." I nodded, looking into his eyes.

"You know that I'm single and stuff, and lately, I haven't been able to go out because the hyungs are home and they don't know about that part of my life like you guys do. And I was wondering if I could ask you a favor." He smiled nervously as he played with his fingers, anxious to find out my answer.

"Mhm." I nodded slowly, hoping that he wouldn't ask me what I thought he was going to ask. He couldn't ask me to sleep with him. That would just ruin our friendship and my relationship with Taehyung and everyone else's. He wasn't stupid. I hoped.

"I haven't drunk blood for a week and I'm so hungry and thirsty... I can't ask Aotaki because you know... her recent break-up and all that... So can you help me out?" He struggled to say, hiding his embarrassed face by looking down at his lap.

"Oh, thank God." I exhaled, relieved. "I thought you were proposing something else." I raised my hand as I took a deep breath. "It's fine by me. If you need it, I'm here to help." I smiled at him and I saw him relax.

"Thank you." He showed his bunny teeth. "Aotaki, are you ready? Come on, we have to go!" He shouted through the living room.

After a minute or so, Aotaki rejoined us and we excitedly went to our first day as actual doctors. It took us 10 minutes, as I predicted, to get there and the first person we saw was Baekhyun, waiting for the students in his white coat with a stethoscope around his neck and a clipboard in his hands.

"Miss Rei. Welcome to the hospital life." He smiled widely at us. "Jungkook, you grew up, my boy. Stop messing with the girls from my class, though." He fist bumped him and they both shared a laugh.

"Dr. Byun, how is this gonna work?" I asked, pointing at the students.

"There will be groups of 5 on each wing of the hospital and you will each get assigned to a patient. Don't worry, I'll explain it again when they will all be here." He patted my shoulder.

"Who will be making the groups?" I asked again.

"I will be doing that. Look, I know about you and Taehyung and I'm sorry but that isn't going to affect our work. Especially your work. You're a doctor. Act like it and forget about your problems. We are here for the patients' problems." He said in a stern voice. I nodded, lowering my head as I looked at Jungkook who rubbed my back to help me relax.

Baekhyun left us for another pair of students and in a half an hour, he climbed up the stairs in the middle of the reception room and began his explanation of how the day was supposed to go. We all listened to him intently and in a short time he started announcing the groups that would be working together for the year.

I would be lying if I said I wouldn't want Taehyung in my team because truthfully, I wanted to keep an eye on him and he really was a good doctor, despite what others might think. But on the other hand, I felt like he was going to mess me up again and I wouldn't be able to focus on my tasks. I guess I had to deal with whatever decision Dr. Byun made.

"Team A: first year's Rei and Jungkook and 2nd year's Aotaki, Jimin and Sungmin. Please come up to retrieve your patients' medical file and proceed to their room." At Baekhyun's announcement, I let out a relieved sigh, grateful that Taehyung wasn't on my team. I didn't know if I could handle him around me all day.

"Thank you, Dr. Byun." I bowed as I took the file and carried on walking with my group.

I faintly heard him name Team B's students and it had Taehyung on along with BamBam, Yugyeom, Youngjae, and Joy. They were walking behind us and I caught a glimpse of Taehyung when I turned to Jungkook. He looked so weak and pale. He had had dark circles under his eyes and I could feel the guilt forming inside my body, knowing that I was, most probably, the cause of his misery.

"Hey, Kookie, is Taehyung alright? He doesn't look so good." I turned to ask him in a whisper.

"I don't know. He isn't really sleeping much and he refuses to talk to us. He is either locked in his room or at the office." Jungkook lowered his head as he spoke. "He refuses to eat and he doesn't even want to drink the blood he obviously needs. If he keeps on going like this..." He trailed off, shaking his head.

"I'm sorry." I said in a low voice as I placed my arm around his shoulders and pulled him into a side hug.

"Yeah, me too." He whispered.

As soon as we reached our side of the hospital, we each turned to our patient's room and tried to focus on our work as much as our brain could manage. It was quite hard to think about prescriptions and consulting the humans when all I could think about was a certain supernatural.

In the 2 hours we had left until lunch, I managed to consult my guy and give him the prescription I wrote under the doctor's consent. After the hard work was done, I went looking for Aotaki to see how she was doing and it wasn't a surprise when I found her already in the hospital's canteen with Yugyeom. A couple of tables away were Jimin, who was looking at her with the most hurtful look in his eyes, and Taehyung who was sleeping beside his food tray, the food left untouched.

Jungkook was sitting beside Aotaki's table with BamBam. They've gotten so close for the past month, being the same age and having similar interests. It was cute seeing Jungkook hanging out with a guy friend than being surrounded by desperate girls all day and his wide smile showed it as he was telling the other some stories.

I didn't want to be a third wheeler for neither one of them, so I looked around to find someone familiar sitting alone at the table, playing with his fork through the salad he'd got from the canteen lady.

"Sungmin, I see we are the only ones who got left out, huh?" I chuckled as I saw him smile up at me.

"Yeah, well everyone seems to know everyone. I feel so left out here." He said as I took a seat in front of him. He came to our hospital for the practical part, only to return to his school once those 2 months ended for that semester. It was kinda funny how he, of all people, came to talk to me despite the beating that Taehyung gave him back at the club. He had told me it was the most painful beating he had gotten all of his life, yet he was still speaking to me, not afraid of him anymore.

"It seems like we are going to be lunch buddies from now on." I smiled, taking a bite of my sandwich.

"I'd like that." He smiled, looking at me briefly before adverting his gaze on the food. "You know, if your ex-boyfriend hadn't appeared all of the sudden back then-" He looked up at me, suggestively.

"Who said he's my ex?" I interrupted him.

"Well, seeing you here instead of having a romantic lunch with him, and he's half dead on that table with that guy." He pointed the fork at their table and I followed it with my eyes, landing my gaze on the boys' table.

"He is just spending time with his best friend." I said in a low and unconvincing voice.

"Sure he is." Sungmin shook his head. "Look, I'm just saying, if you ever want to get over him, I'm here." I faced him again, frowning at his not so subtle proposition and he just smirked in response.