SOL...YWMA [Ch. 14]

Start from the beginning

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion before taking it from him. “What is it?” I asked him before looking inside.

“A gift,” he answered vaguely. A gift? He got me a gift? Why?

I sat the bag on my lap and began removing the thin, colored, paper that decorated the top. Underneath it all I found a black, velvet box that was thin and long. I looked up at Cory, whom was watching me patiently. “What’s this?” I asked him again.

“A gift,” he repeated simply. I opened the box and found a bracelet, but not just any bracelet. This bracelet was a black and white diamond infinity bracelet. I couldn’t help the gasp that escaped my mouth at the sight of it.

“Oh my goodness. It’s beautiful,” I said to him and myself. The bracelet wasn’t too fancy, but I could tell it cost a lot. I looked up to Cory with a stunned expression. “Why’d you buy this for me?” I asked him in complete wonder.

“It’s a congratulations gift, for all your success,” he answered simply.

I shook my head. “Wow, I would’ve accepted a card. This looks really expensive, Cory, I can’t accept it,” I say while shutting the box closed and holding it out to him. I can’t accept something this expensive from Cory. I can’t even believe it bought me something this expensive.

“Yes you can, and you will,” he replied while taking the box from me and removing the bracelet. He moved closer to me and began placing the bracelet on my right wrist. I looked down at it on my wrist was couldn’t deny how amazing it looked there. The coldness of it sent a chill through my arm.

My eyes traced the infinity signs. I wonder why he picked one with these signs on them. Maybe they mean something to him? About me, maybe?

“What do the infinity signs stand for?” I asked, deciding to speak my questions out loud. He looked down at the bracelet and I noticed a slight look of indecisiveness on his face. He had his lips rolled into his mouth.

“It means that you will always me a star in my eyes,” he answered humorous and looked at me with the friendliest smile I’ve ever seen. I couldn’t help but laugh and shake my head.

“Thanks,” I say, deciding not to dig deeper into what the true meaning for him getting this bracelet was. Wait. Why am I even thinking that there’s a deeper meaning to him giving me this bracelet?

Maybe he really did buy it for a congratulation gift. Maybe the meaning he said was actually the meaning behind it.

Ugh, why do I feel like I want there to me a deeper meaning behind it? Oh yeah, because I want him to still have feelings for me. Because, if he still has feeling for me, it means that there’s a chance that he may want to…ugh, I don’t know. Who knows what goes on in that brain of his…

“Isyss…Isyss.”

I came out of my thought by Cory snapping his fingers in my face and saying my name. “I know, you’re stunned with shock by my generosity. It’s understandable,” he joked.

“When did you buy this?” I questioned.

“Yesterday.”

“You really didn’t have to.”

“I know. That’s what makes me so nice,” he answered with a charming smile on his face. I jokingly rolled my eyes.