||7|| Red Scarf

||7||

Red Scarf

Her eyes slowly fluttered opened when she finally awoke. There was no telling what time is was, but Florence assumed it was pretty late. She peeked under her covers to find herself naked. Her head pounded slightly when she tried to sit up. Although she only had about two or three shots, she could get hammered easily. She rolled over on her side only to see that he wasn't there again; he never was. "Typical," she muttered. Florence quickly changed into her usual attire and combed her fingers through her hair to appear presentable. Her eyes then wandered through his drawers. In there she saw his red scarf. The hell...? He always wears this. She delicately picked it up in her hands and stuffed it in her jacket pocket.

She inhaled deeply at the thought of her having to rehash her monotone schedule. She was sick of patrolling. It was too boring. God, how she craved for something new. She swiped one of Negan's secret handguns that he hid in his clothes drawers and stuffed it in the back of her pants, her jacket covering it.

She stepped out into the main hallway. Everybody seemed to be going to breakfast. Damn it, what time is it?, she asked herself. Florence covered part of her face behind a curtain of her hair while passing by each Savior. But of course, her signature auburn hair wouldn't go unnoticed by anyone. She felt a broad hand grip her arm and lurch her backwards.

"Where the hell do you think you're going? It's breakfast," a husky voice of a male Savior snapped. She squinted her eyes slightly and crossed both of her arms, glaring deep into his eyes without a trace of fear.

"I was ordered by Negan to do a quick check of a biter trap that had been set off in the woods," she lied through her teeth. "He thinks that it might have been an intruder or something." The man gave her a skeptical glance, but then surrendered to what he thought was Negan's orders.

"Alright then. Do that check quick, then come right back for breakfast. Negan wants you fed," he said. She gave him a curt nod before walking past him out the door. She sighed in relief and grinned to herself. Her lying had improved ever since she arrived the first day. She reflected upon her meek nature back then. She couldn't lie for shit, even if her life depended on it. As the weeks went by, she developed that trait of lying, especially now that her security was at stake. Back then, she lied because she wanted to leave so badly. Now she's only doing it to stay.

The air had gotten colder. Florence hadn't gone outside since Glenn's murder. She inhaled the crisp smell of nature; the last leaves fluttering down from the trees, the cool air swaying back and forth. She had been so used to being holed up in that factory that she forgot what it was like to survive, to have her adrenaline pumping through her veins trying to outrun the walkers. She then remembered about Negan's scarf. She pulled out the fabric from her pocket. The smell coming off of it smelled like men's cologne, Negan's favorite. It eased her nerves. She wrapped the fabric around her head like a bandana headband. The vibrant color almost could have camouflaged into her hair.

She headed into the deep depths of the forest. She pulled out the handgun from her pants and clicked the safety off just in case any unwanted biters spotted her. Florence lightly stepped along the wet moss of the forest floor, but changed to a much heavier gait when approached by a pathway of mud. The forest felt calm and quiet...too quite for her. Everything felt eerily still, like there were eyes were burning into her. Snap! Florence's head turned sharply behind her to find the source of the twig snapping. "Hello?" she shouted. She readied her gun at eye level. "Don't fucking try anything! I have a gun!" She then felt a blunt force of energy collide with her from behind, sending her flying forwards. She let out a shrill scream of agony when her face met with the ground. The cold muzzle of a gun was pressed up against her temple, a person's body hovering over her.

"Where the hell did you get this scarf?" It was a man's voice. Florence's heart sank at first until she realized that it couldn't be Negan. This person's voice was too raspy to be his. "I ain't playin', where the hell did you get this scarf!?" he asked forcefully, pressing the gun farther into her temple. She gulped nervously. She's been in a situation like this before and had no reason to be afraid.

"It's mine," she claimed with a hint of sarcasm.

"Thanks," the man grunted angrily. He fired one shot at a tree close by. With the blink of an eye, she felt a brute force impact with her head and everything went black. 

***

A/N: Sorry this chapter so long to post, I'v been trying to work on another fic and I realized that I neglected one of my other fics so I might work on that too. Thank you guys so much for all the support. 

QOTD: Who do you think was the guy who knocked out Florence?