||1|| Florence

1

Florence

"Mornin'," his gravelly voice muttered. Before Florence could even comprehend the situation, the heavy blanket that was used as curtains was pulled down, exposing her sensitive eyes to the bright sun. He never showed her mercy when it came to things like this. To her own surprise though, he was already dressed. Lo pulled the blankets over her eyes and let out a loud sigh. "Do we have to get up now?"

He let out a slight chuckle. "Walkers never sleep, Lo. And if they don't, then that means we don't." He shuffled over and sat beside her on the bed. "Besides, we've got that group to worry about. Word is that they're coming to kill me." His big hands grasped for her ankle at the end of the bed. He gripped it tight and chuckled some more. "They must be real fucked up in the head if they think that's gonna happen." Lo's face remained emotionless. She had heard the stories. She had heard about the groups of survivors that infiltrated one of their bases She could even name all of the casualties. But yet, she felt no sympathy for any of them.

Lo let out a gentle sigh. "Okay," she said softly. She didn't feel like arguing this early in the morning. "I'll go on patrol then." Pleased, he gave her a smug grin. "That's a good girl." He planted a quick kiss on her lips before getting up to leave. "That's how obedient girls are." Lo was left in that cold room with nothing but her thoughts to comfort her and give her warmth. She wasn't always Negan's little pet. But she could hardly remember what her life was like before she was left to die. All that she could remember was his face in the shadows of that forest.

***

"I'm not going to ask you again, girl. What. Is. Your. Fucking. Name?" He asked, taking his time with each syllable. She could see his breath in the cold air escaping his lips. There was a muddy blanket wrapped around Florence's shoulders that hardly kept her warm and nothing but her knife to protect her from the dangers.

"Florence," she replied, her voice unsteady and shaky. She cowered when he bent down to her level. She avoided any contact with his piercing eyes. "Please," she whispered, "I just want to get back to my group." Negan smirked slyly at the meek young woman.

He reached for his baseball bat with barbed wire wrapped around it. The headlights of the cars reflected light on the wire's shiny, blood covered tips. He started to swing it around carelessly. "You know, Florence, can I call you Flo? When I told your group that we would get half of their shares, I expected half!" He took a violent swing at the tree that was behind her. Florence yelped like a helpless puppy dog. Negan gently rested the bat on her shoulder. "I can crush your little skull with just one swing. You're so..." He took one of his hands and gestured something small with his fingers. "...tiny!" He removed the bat's weight from her shoulders and instead dragged it along by his side.

He started to pace back and forth. "Now, we have a sliiiight problem. I told your little Hilltop group that we would get half of their shares and uhm, I don't see half." He sucked in his breath and sneered. He then glanced down at his bat and grinned. "This is Lucille. Love her to bits."

"You named your bat?" Florence squeaked. She was surprised that she even have the courage to speak up. He simply ignored her remark and pointed Lucille way up close to her face.

"Since your group doesn't seem to understand our wishes, we'll have to take something of theirs by force. Maybe we'll pay them a little visit..." Florence's eyes widened.

"Please don't hurt them!" She pleaded. The tears in her eyes clouded her vision. She reached out her hand and grasped his leather jacket, begging for his mercy. "Oh, I won't hurt them," said Negan. He paced around behind her. "But clearly, I need to send them a little message." Negan reached into his pocket and pulled out a gun. All Florence could remember was the world going black when the handle of the pistol impacted with the back of her head. Her body went limp. Before she could completely reach the ground, Negan's arm scooped her up from underneath and carried her to his base.