The teacher narrowed his eyes in on his daughter. "Where are you two going?"

"I'm meeting his mom today." The brunette said with a hint of nerves. Well more than a hint, like a dash-NO scratch that a cup of nerves were just poured into a boiling pot of water and it's spilling over the top.

"That's a big step." Cory mumbled under his breath, "Alright. 9 o'clock, and not a minute past."

"Yes sir." The quarterback shook his hand and instantly felt for his girlfriend's which was anxiously waiting for him. The door shut and he pressed his lips against hers, for a good 30 seconds at least her nerves had dissipated. "You look gorgeous princess."

Her cheeks flushed as she glanced towards the ground. "Thanks."

"And, you have nothing to be nervous about. My mom is the nervous one, she wants to make a good impression on you."

"WHAT?!" Her giggle was contagious because Lucas found himself going into a fit of laughter. "Why is she nervous? I'm supposed to be the nervous one. She can't take that away from me."

His emerald orbs rolled as they came to a halt at his doorstep. "Be sure to tell her that."

Riley gave him a playful nudge. "I'm kidding, but knowing she's nervous does help a little bit."

"Good." He caressed her cheek and stared into her eyes. "You are absolutely perfect."

The brown eyed girl gulped and glanced towards the ground. "I read a quote that said no one is perfect. You simply find the person who's perfect for you."

A smirk approached his lips as he moved the strand of hair that the wind blew across her face. "You're incredibly smart."

"So are you." The brunette said without hesitation. "Sometimes I feel like you're smarter than me."

"No way."

She giggled and nodded her head. "Maybe not book smart, even though you're extremely close. But, definitely street smart. You're smarter when it comes to things like last night and things like our relationship."

His lips separated to reply when the front door swung open. "I couldn't wait any longer!" Riley giggled at her exhilarating energy and stepped inside his home where she was embraced into a hug. "Hi Riley! I have heard so much about you. Eek! I'm so excited to meet you. You can call me Linda if you'd like. Oh my gosh Lucas she's beautiful."

"Mom." He lifted his eyebrows as if to say 'calm down and release my girlfriend because I'm pretty sure you're suffocating her'.

"Sorry." Her hands went up in surrender as she took a step back. The brunette's nerves dissipated as soon as she saw that his mom was just as nutty as she was. "I'm not cool enough for this guy."

Lucas instantly shook his head and pulled his mom into a hug. "You're too cool for me. That's why we aren't seen out in public together. I don't want to tarnish your rep." She slapped his arm and tugged Riley into the kitchen with the quarterback trailing behind.

Riley was able to get a good look at his mother now that the lighting wasn't so dim. It was then she realized him and his mother looked strangely similar. Same tan skin, sandy blonde hair, face shape, they both had long eyelashes and both of them were tall. They had the same nose and voluptuous lips. The only difference were his eyes.

Lucas' eyes were a bright green with flecks of gold dancing throughout while his mothers were blue. He must have his father's eyes, and sharp jawline. Either way Linda was gorgeous and held a tiny frame despite her son's build. "Tell me everything."

"Mom." He groaned, and turned towards his girlfriend. "Please excuse my frantic mother, she hasn't met a girl before and is extremely energetic."

The brunette simply shook her head, "nothing to apologize for. I feel like I have a certain kinship with her. You know me, as soon as I'm out of my shell I'm bouncing on my toes or racing Maya in a movie theatre."