Trust Me?

Chapter 6

"Is there anything else I can do for you Coach Rutherford?" Riley's hands fell in front of her.

"Nope, dinner for tomorrow?"

"Chick Fil A sandwiches. They'll be in the film room by 5." With a head nod she passed him the keys, turned on her heels and unknowingly smiled to the quarterback who was staring at her.

"In your dreams Miley." Missy stepped in front of her, with her hands on her hips.

The brunette scoffed, "I'm sorry?"

"Lucas? Really? In your dreams?"

Her brown eyes dulled slightly, she already knew that. "Did you know that dreams reveal repressed feelings, they are a reflection of our emotional truth?"

"What's your point nerd?"

"My point is, I had a dream of punching you in the face. Never slept better." Riley grinned and felt her brother's hand on her shoulder. Of course big brother to the rescue. I'm grateful but he won't be here next year.

He started laughing, "You know I'm sure Coach Turner would love to hear how bitchy you are being to my little sister."

"I doubt she'd care, she'd probably say Miley who?" Riley hurried away, she had no idea why after all this time it bothered her that she was invisible, that no one cared, that she was a nobody. She wiped a tear away and pulled her car keys out.

"RILEY!" She continued to move, even more rapidly. "Hey, wait up." Lucas jumped in front of her. "Are you okay?" Dry it up Riles. Hey you called yourself Riles, so much for no nickname.

"Never better." She swallowed her feelings. "Have a nice practice, thank you for checking on me." Stupid Missy!

GMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMW

"I want to cut her!" Maya exclaimed, "Why is she so rude to you? You've never done anything to her."

Riley shrugged her shoulders, "I don't know. I'm just an easy target, and I love how Josh always defends me. But he won't be here next year."

"He's already texted me, asking how you are."

The brunette laid beside the blonde, "how are things with you two?"

"Fine I guess, we've been texting but he hasn't actually asked me out or anything. You and Lucas?"

A pillow landed on top of her face, "nothing's happening and nothing is going to happen. We are two different people, I may not get along with Missy but she has a point. She's cheer captain, I'm on the bleachers. He's popular and I got sat on today Maya! LITERALLY someone sat on me." The most embarrassing moment of my life. "Besides, I don't like Lucas like that. I don't even know if I like him as a friend." Liar.

"Oh my peaches!" Her bedroom door flung open and two very large football players landed on top of them. "OH MY GOD!" Maya exclaimed.

"LUCAS!" The girls were laughing trying to push them off.

Lucas removed the pillow off of her face, her brown eyes gazed into some breathtaking green ones. "Get up! We're going out before Maya ends up cutting Missy!"

The blonde giggled, "Where are we going?" The quarterback was still staring at her, and moved a wisp of hair out of her face. The butterflies stretched their wings, and she tried extremely hard to not reveal her dimples. What was he doing? Excuse me Mr. Friar what the heck was that?