Lucas' Story.

Lucas was flustered it was evident not just to his team but to Riley. "WHAT'S GOING ON WITH YOU FRIAR?" Coach Rutherford questioned, but he knew exactly what the problem was. Well more like who the problem was. "TIME OUT!"

The brunette inched towards the end of the bench making way for all the players coming off the field. She didn't understand why she needed to be down here, but as always, no control and coach was scary enough without questioning his methods. Her brown eyes followed Lucas to the huddle and gave him a small smile that was all he needed to calm his nerves. "What's your problem Friar? Can't seem to hold onto a damn ball tonight." Language. Oh God, Riley's rubbing off on me. "There are scouts watching Friar-"Of that both Riley and Lucas were unsure but whatever Coach thought was whatever he thought. As if he knew that the manager was listening he gestured for her to come here. "Riley, please leave the game."

"I'm sorry?" The brunette questioned with confusion.

"You're distracting him."

"Coach she isn't a distraction." Lucas snapped, "I want to play better when she's around. I just have a lot on my mind."

"Her. Riley please leave." He deadpanned and with reluctance she sauntered towards the field exit getting a small, yet evil feeling from Missy's eyes as they followed her out.

Was I really distracting him? I've never distracted him before. Not that I know of, his field is his turf that's where he comes to life. He loves football, no matter what kind of pressure it put on him. Sigh. Sigh again. I wonder if his distraction had anything to do with what he was going to tell me tonight. I'm kind of curious, after that kiss today I got the sense something was wrong.

Well not wrong per say more like he was wanting anxious to tell me something. There were lots of things we still don't know about each other and I love to hear him talk. In fact the quarterback had made it a point to let her know that all they ever do was talk about him so she would have to take the reins for a while. But it wasn't like Riley had a super exciting life, she considered it a party whenever she'd finish a book and it was as great as she originally imagined for it to be.

Another 30 minutes had passed and people started funneling out of the stadium. She continued to sit in her car and wait for her boyfriend, but snuck a glance at the scoreboard. "They won! YAY! He'll be in a good mood."

Not even a few moments later her phone dinged.

Lucas<3
Princess, I'm so sorry that you had to leave. I'll make it up to you I swear.

After telling him congratulations on the win, and not to worry about it she sauntered out of the car. She really didn't care about having to leave the game. It was more like she hated leaving him, especially knowing Missy was in a skimpy cheerleading uniform. Either way she trusted Lucas and after the comment he made to the insufferable witch this morning she wouldn't expect her to even dream about flirting.

10 more minutes had passed and she saw her quarterback running, no correction sprinting towards her. "Hey princess." His lips crashed against hers sending waves of electricity pulsating through her body.

"Hello stinky." No that wasn't a term of endearment it was the truth, this guy must not have taken a shower.

The green eyed man chuckled lightly and kissed her forehead. "Sorry, I rushed out here. I just wanted to see your beautiful face." His left hand cupped her cheek while his right thumb toyed with her bottom lip. His eyes staring directly into hers.

"Alright, I guess that's a good excuse." She quipped. "But, we're riding with the windows down."

Lucas' laugh was contagious as he said, "deal." And escorted her to his truck.