ILY?

Lucas sat on the couch and anxiously found himself cracking his knuckles. He's never brought a girl home and even though he knew his mother would absolutely adore Riley, there was still that sliver of a chance she wouldn't approve. And his mom's approval is something he desperately needed, he'd been a momma's boy his entire life after all. "Luke, I'm home baby boy."

Cue internal groan. "RILEY'S COMING OVER!" Wow, that was unnecessary.

"I'm sorry, I don't think I heard you correctly." His mom joked and set down a few bags of groceries on the counter. "I'm excited, when is she coming over?"

"I'm going to go get her, like now."

Her eyes widened, "NOW?!" He didn't have to ask what he did wrong, she'd tell him. "I look like I got hit by a truck Lucas!"

"Mom stop, you look beautiful. How about this, I'll unload the groceries and you go get ready if you truly feel as if that's necessary." She didn't hesitate to drop what she was doing and run down the hallway.

However moments later he found his mother leaning against the doorframe. "Lucas why are you nervous?"

"I'm not." He cleared his throat hoping that'd cover the crack in his voice.

"Yes you are, why are you nervous? Do you think I'm going to be mean?"

His eyes constantly rolled when his mother was around. "You can't be mean, it's physically and emotionally impossible. I just want you to approve of her."

"My approval?" Her son shook his head in agreement and continued to unpack the grocery sacks. "Since when do you care about my approval? Just a question since you had all of those random dates with girls who were with you for your looks only." Compliment? Eh, knowing my mom it probably isn't. It was silent for a few more minutes and when Lucas was about to tell her to go get ready she spoke up again. "Is my baby boy falling in love?"

"Mom." He groaned and left the chicken out of the freezer for dinner tonight. "I think you should go get ready!"

"You are!" His mom almost looked giddy as she bounced on her heels, something his girlfriend did a lot.

"Mom, we've dated for like 5 days."

"Like that matters. You've been love struck for weeks!" When the quarterback didn't say anything a high pitched squeal escaped her lips. "YOU LOVE HER! OKAY, okay." She inhaled deeply, "I really have to make a good impression."

Before he had the time to say 'isn't that her job' his mother had already closed her bedroom door. Shouldn't my mom be like hating the woman I'm in love with? Wait, why am I even questioning that? Better question, why haven't I told Riley I love her? Because that would scare her off. You know what I really hate? What? Arguing with myself!

MyPrincess.
I'm nervous.

And with that he was off to her house. It was just now 1 o'clock and even though it was a little cloudy it was still a pretty day. A good 2 minute walk later he was ringing the doorbell and shoving his fists in his pockets. So his girlfriend was nervous to meet his mom, and his mom was nervous to meet her. And they are both incredibly goofy. "This should be an interesting day."

"Mr. Friar." Lucas lifted his gaze off the wooden porch and shook Cory's hand.

"Mr. Matthews good afternoon."

"I'm assuming you're here to kidnap my daughter."

Riley jumped out of the hallway, "Daddy. It isn't kidnapping if I go willingly and am back by 9 o'clock curfew since I have school tomorrow."