Bullying.

"Why don't you say something to Lucas, I'm sure he could get it to stop?" Farkle suggested, Riley was thankful that for a few minutes she could speak to her friend alone before they showed up.

"It isn't his problem. It's mine, and though I wish I could blame her bullying on something, I can't blame it on Lucas. This is something she's done for years and I don't really know why." The brunette pondered that for a moment. What had she done that bothered the 'queen bee' so much? It wasn't like Riley stood out and begged for attention, it wasn't like she was threatening her or her popularity. The brown eyed girl had always remained relatively obscure.

Farkle just shrugged his shoulders and adjusted his beanie. A signature sign he was about to say something. "He needs to know."

"No he doesn't. Why should he?"

"Because," he retorted. Nice comeback, aren't you supposed to be a genius. "How would you like it if someone was calling Maya a whore?"

Her heart immediately was set on fire, her fists tightened into fists. "That's my point Riles. Lucas cares about you so much and he should know if the school is going to be going around saying you're a whore."

She unclenched her fists and dropped her posture that occurred when the word Maya and whore were in the same sentence. "Look Farkle, if it gets brought up then I'll handle it then. But it isn't like Lucas has great temper control. I mean, you saw him when Charlie asked me on a date and he and I weren't even dating." The dark haired man nodded in agreeance. "I don't want him getting in any trouble, especially if it is directly caused by me. I've handled it for years, and I will handle it like I always do."

He couldn't prevent the scoff that left his mouth. "What Farkle, say it."

"Your way of handling it, is ignoring it. You could've at least put her bullying on record with a principal or guidance counselor."

"Oh you mean so the principal of the school, AKA her father-well step-father-can find out and make my life more difficult? No thank you, I will handle it the way I always do which is running her over in my dreams." The brunette replied with a smile, "I just needed to talk to someone and Maya is with Josh so don't worry."

"Hi." Both of their heads flipped to the end of the booth where she assumed it was Smackle stood. The brown eyed girl observed her appearance, long dark hair that curled at the ends with black framed glasses resting on top of her nose. Her smile was contagious and she loved her flared dress.

"Smackle, you look beautiful." He rose from the booth and gave her a handshake. Odd, but hey they're both socially awkward. Haha Lucas is going to be the oddball for once. "This is Riley, my best friend and the girl I was telling you about."

"Hi Smackle." Riley gave her a hug and it was then she realized just how uncomfortable the newcomer was. She pulled away quickly and warmed up the situation with a smile, "Please sit down. I can't wait to hear more about you."

She did as Riley suggested and slid into the booth beside Farkle. "I've heard so much about you, I feel like I already know you."

Riley wishes she could say the same, but she's been so enamored with Lucas she really hadn't gotten to hear much about her. It didn't help that they didn't have any classes together and he wouldn't eat lunch with them, but went and debate prepped during that time. Come to think of it, they hadn't been seeing each other as much as either of them would like to. I need to fix that. "Well I heard that you're smarter than him."

"Yes." She replied without hesitation.

"No." Farkle replied with a grin, "I said she was almost-"