Chapter Twenty Six

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"Oh my gosh!" Exclaimed Alex in disbelief. 

"Does dad know?" Caitlin asks and I nod my head. "I wonder how James, Jordan and Andy feel. I know I wouldn't be upset if that happen to...mom." 

"What?" I say. She doesn't care about mum. Does she? 

"I would be crushed, down in the dumps until she gets better," She added. I hate it when she does that. "But I guess mums not..." She stopped. 

I knew what she going to say. But she didn't finish her sentence. I'm glad she didn't because I don't want to think mum as a person that is not in this world anymore. There was a long silence. It made me feel uncomfortable for a unusual reason so I decided to break this silence but clapping my hands once.

"Alright," I began. "Lets go and have a snack. I'm starving."

Okay, maybe I wasn't 'starving' but I felt like having a snack. Chocolate biscuits will do for me. We all arose from out seats and headed into the kitchen like a bunch of teenagers have a slumber party and this is the part we we have midnight snacks. I searched the cupboards for chocolate biscuits but I only found cookies. As long as it has chocolate in it, I don't care what it isbecause I am a number one chocolate fan. Claire grabbed not one but two packets of twodifferent flavoured crisps. One was sensational's and the other was prawn cocktail. As for Caitlin, she picked out a packet of sweets. Because Alex's wedding was less than a week, Alex didn't want to eat anything unhealthy so she just munched on a apple. We walked back to the living room and slumped back on the sofa and turned on the telly. Dad entered the house as soon as we turned the telly on. He looked exaughted. Where on earth has everyone been doing today? Am I the only one not having fun? Well, I did have fun with Bill at lunch. I think he thinks we were on a date because he was acting all flirty. But the truth is that I don't like Bill in that way, only as friends. 

"Dad, sit down," I insist. "You took exhausted."

"Thank you," He said. "We are going to visit Jordan's mum in half an hour. She's alright now but..."

"But what, dad?" I narrow my eyebrows.

"She has got amnesia," He finally announces.

I widen my eyebrows with shock. Amnesia. That means she lost her memory and forgot us all. We're all just strangers to her. What about her family, has she forgotten them too? 
Claire, Alex, Caitlin and I were in total shock. This is almost worse than death.

"Dad...that's awful..." I said, quietly. "I feel really bad," Alex looks down to the floor. "Amnesia can stay forever sometimes."

Forever? I gulped. Wow that's terrible. What if she does have it forever and never remembers anything and forgets she was married and had children. All these good times she is going to forget. I couldn't help feeling so guilty. I wish there was something we could do to help her. 

"We should go now," Caitlin nods her head. "Jordan's family will need some support." 

We all agreed and left the house since we were all dressed already. We went in my car (which I still need a licence to drive) and off we went. 
On the way there, it was quiet and awkward. I know how they must be feeling since I've experienced it. 
We arrived at around six ten. We asked for directions and we finally found Jordan's dadandbrother standing outside the door, all looking miserable. 

"Andy," Dad called. "How are you? How is Susana?" 

"I'm fine," He began. "They are just scanning her brain but she

too is fine."

"Jordan, are you okay?" I asked curiously. I think I see tears in his eyes.

"Yeah," He whispered. He isn't okay, that's for sure.

I noticed Claire with James, trying to cheer him up. I couldn't help smiling but it faded when I saw Jordan's sad face. I grabbed his hands and walked with him away from everybody else.