Chapter Ten

Abbey's POV

 "Wasn't that a fun night?" Asked Caitlin, slumping back on the sofa.

 "Yes, it was. Especially for someone." Alex said, looking at me.

 "Ha ha, very funny." I knew what she was talking about. She was talking about Jordan.

 We were all sticky and dirty. Dad kicked Caitlin off the sofa and he ordered us all to have a bath. I was first. I went inside the bathroom with my towel and my shower robe and I turned on the hot water and watched it fill up the bath tub. When it filled up the tub I stepped inside and relaxed.

 ***

 "You took forever Abbey." Alex exclaimed. She was standing in front of me with her arms crossed but I could tell she wasn't angry.

 I shrugged my shoulders and entered my room. I put on some clean clothes and dried my hair with my purple blow dryer. I opened the door and I was startled by dad because he was standing right in front of my door.

 "Dad, you startled me." I said to him.

 "Sorry, but I just wanted to give you this basket. Be careful. Just place it in you room on top of the bed." He instructed.

 "Okay, but what is it?" I asked curiosly.

 "Oh, just this and that. You can take a peep if you like." He said and he handed me the basket and walked away.

 The basket wasn't too heavy. I done as I was told and placed it carefully on top of my bed. The lid was a bit open so I decided to lift up the lid but then, the basket started to shake. I jumped back and stared at the basket, wondering what it was. I wasn't panicking because if dad wasn't scared then I shouldn't be scared. It started shaking even more. I quickly grabbed a stick of the floor and lifted up the lid with it and inside was the most adorable thing ever. It was a tiny, black and white kitten. I slowly approached it and gently picked it up. I stroked its soft back and scratched it behind its ears. I wasn't sure if it was a boy or girl so I decided not to name it straight away.  

I've always wanted a cat. I used to go on the computer all the time and find out as much as I could about them. I felt like I was about to cry because I was so happy. There was also a note.

 Dear Abbey,  

Hope you like it! By the way, it's a boy.  

Love from dad.

I knew it was from dad. He always has the best gifts. Now that I know the gender of my kitten I had to think of a name. I was observing the kitten carefully, trying to think of a name. I kept thinking and the name Blight popped inside my head. It was perfect.

 "Hello, Blight." I laughed.

 I was still holding Blight on my hands and I walked out of the room to find dad so I could give me a huge thank you hug. As I explored the house, I began to hear banging from the main door. It could have been a burglar to I held Blight firmly and walked towards the main door and just as I was about to kick the person, I found dad with a hammer in his hand.

 "Dad, what are you doing?" I asked anxiously.

 "Fixing up the cat flap." He said happily. "There, that should be it." He said, looking proud of himself.

 "Dad thanks!" I said and I handed Blight to Alex and gave dad a big hug. I instantly stopped when I realized that dad had stopped breathing. "Dad, are you alright?" I asked.

 "Yes. Your welcome." He coughed and began laughing.

 "He's so cute. So, what's he called?" Asked Alex, stroking Blight.