Chapter Five

HEY!! I BY ACCIDENTLY DELETED THIS CHAPTER. SORRY. I HAVE REWRITTEN IT, SO IT MIGHT BE DEFFERENT TO WHAT YOU HAVE READ. BUT HOPE YOU STILL LIKE IT.

VOTE/COMMENT/FAN!  :)

I woke up early the next morning. The sun shone in my eyes and I yawned happily as I got out of bed. For some reason I felt magical. Of course I don't believe in magic.

Woah! I almost stumbled over  a mountain of presents when I got out of bed. Are these all for me? I wondered. I picked up one box and it was addressed to me. They were for me. I glanced at the calender and what I had totally forgotten was that it was my BIRTHDAY! Well, first things first, happy birthday to me, and I can't believe I forgot my own birthday. Well there was a lot in my mind yesterday, I mean the auditions and the accident.
I jumped over the gifts and then sat besides them. I decided to open the big boxes first. I opened the one with the pink and orange wrapping paper. Inside was a beautiful sculpture of me. It was by Alex. Next i opened the blue box and inside was a snow globe of me, Alex, Caitlin and Dad. There was another women to. It was mum. It looked like her and why would anyone just put a random lady. it was from dad. Caitlin gave me money. Typical. She always forgets to get me something and then just gives me money but I still love her. The other presents were from relatives, a music box, photo frames, books, mobile and CD's. I was grateful for all of these gifts.
There was still one more. It was from mum. What. Mums gone, how? I was really confused. I opened the box and there was a letter.

Dear Abbey,

Your finally twenty. Before confusing you, I wrote this when you were ten. I knew I was going to be gone traveling again at your birthday so I told your dad about your gift and well cant say no more. I promise to see you soon. Happy Birthday!!! 

Love From Mum!! 

This almost made me cry, in fact I was crying. But I brushed them away just in case someone saw me in this state. I looked inside the box and inside was a key. Key? Why do I need a key? OMG! Mum, don't tell me that i'm moving out.
I rushed to the living room to see dad but I had to say it in a way it wouldn't make him cry.

"Hey dad!"

"Happy Birthday, darling. How are you." He said, giving me a kiss on the forehead when I sat down next to him.

"Fine thanks. Thanks for the gifts. I told you not to get me anything."

"I know, but I had to." He laughed.

"Dad, whats this?" I said, holding out the key right in front of his eyes.

"A key."

"I'm not moving out am I?" I frowned.

"No, no, no." He chuckled.

I sighed with relief and slumped back on the sofa. 

"I think its best if I told you, your going out now."

What! He just said i'm not moving out. Is he kicking me out of his house. His youngest daughter. What is gone into him. I opened my mouth to say something but shut it again since nothing would come out because I was too shocked.

"OUT!" He shouted in my ear. "Please." He said quieter.

First of all he didn't have to shout. And second of all I didn't want to be here anyway. I hate them all. Talking about all, wheres Alex and Caitlin, don't they want to lead me out. I walked like a turtle towards the door, almost about to burst into tears. I turned my head to see dad and he was smiling. I was hoping it was a big joke but it wasn't.
He can smile all he likes because I...I hate him and i'm pretty sure he hates me. If that's how he wants it, well fine.
I opened the door and without looking back once more I left the house.

"SURPRISE!!!" Shouted a group of people.

There was Caitlin, Alex and my other relatives. They were standing in a line, shoulder by shoulder. Have they planned this for me? Now I was crying but they were tears of joy. Thinking about what dad said made me laugh. One minute I had so much hate in him but now i'm back to loving him. This was the best birthday ever.

"Happy birthday to you..." Sang a voice behind me. It was dad, holding a cake, lit up with twenty candles. He mimed sorry and I said it was OK.

And it was OK, knowing that he didn't actually kick me out. Phew!
Everybody else joined in singing happy birthday and at the end of the song they got out their party poppers and popped them towards me. Then they split up and shuffled to one side. What I hadn't noticed was that behind then was a car. A brand new, shiny, red car. I didn't know what model it was but it looked great. It was a five seater, This day was perfect. First, my room is loaded with gifts, second, I get a car. Whats next?
Dad had told me that he got me a job. Great! But it was a men's office. I thought it was all a laugh but he was serious. Dads these days. But I was still happy for everything.

"Come on, test out the car!" Shouted Aunt Ruby.

So that's what the key was for. Mum, I love you, always! I said in my head.
Oops! Mum probably thought i'd have pasted my driving test by now. I failed only once. OK, twice. I'm getting there. This time I have to pass, because I really want to drive my car all the time. So I drove the car and it I drove like a dream.
After that we went inside and played games like Music Chairs, Stick The Tail On The Donkey and other childish games. I forced Alex to play. She said they were to childish for her but I got around her. Then we cut the cake. I blew out the candle and made a wish even though I knew it wasn't goign to come true, but it was worth a try.

All the guest left around six. I thanked all of them when they were making their way out. I was so tired. Dad, Alex, Caitlin and I, all slumped back on the sofa and laughed.

"Well, hope you had fun, love." Dad said and gave me a hug.

"Dad, are you crazy, it was the best." I exclaimed. "I'm tired, i'm going to bed. Thanks guys!" I said we had a family hug and we all went to bed even though it was 18:47pm.