13

13th Chapter

When he saw Sehun stopping Eun Mi from leaving, it was like something had possessed Baekhyun. He doesn’t like the fact that Sehun was the one who made the Princess cry and now he’s pushing to talk to her even though it’s obvious that the girl was not ready for that yet. If anything, he just wanted to take Eun Mi away from him.

But that thought was so absurd and he knew he shouldn’t be feeling like that. What am I even doing? I shouldn’t get involved with these things in the first place. Sehun was still staring him down and as a guy, he can’t let himself get intimidated by that. But he sensed that Eun Mi was getting anxious of what’s going to happen between him and her cousin and that woke him up.

He unwillingly let go of Eun Mi and sighed. “It’s really none of my business. Sorry for interfering. I’ll go ahead.” Baekhyun grabbed his bag and strode off outside the room. He wasn’t afraid that he might get into a fight with Sehun; he was just thinking about Eun Mi who seemed nervous for them.

Sehun was a bit taken aback when Baekhyun let Eun Mi go. He thought that the other guy won’t back down, basing on the firm look in his eyes that he had earlier. He even considered giving up and just talk to Eun Mi some other time, but then he suddenly left.

Eun Mi didn’t know why but she felt so abandoned when Baekhyun left. Why did he let her go? Did he already get tired of saving her every single time? Sehun was still holding her arm and she casted an uneasy glance on him. They were just going to talk, right? She was not ready for it but it might be a way for the pain to ease. But then, Baekhyun..

“S-Sehun..” She mumbled.

Sehun looked at her. “Can we.. talk now?”

She gulped and bowed her head towards him. “I-I’m sorry. I.. I have to go.” And with that, Eun Mi rushed out of the classroom, past all the surprised faces from her classmates and went to find that guy.

Sehun felt like the world just crushed him. Baekhyun was the one who left but Eun Mi was still the one to chase after him, leaving him there alone. That was probably the worst thing that happened to him ever since. It was just a day after she told him her feelings but it seems like she had chosen someone else.

“Sehun, I think you should give her some time.” Hyerin told him.

“Yeah.” He muttered.

“Do you wanna go home now?”

He shook his head. “You go home first. I.. I need to go somewhere.” He reasoned before going out. Never did he feel so rejected his entire life.

-

Eun Mi doesn’t know where Baekhyun headed to but she just kept on running in the hallway, trying to find that familiar face. Baekhyun walked a bit fast sometimes so maybe he was already out of the building. She reckoned that he would go to where his bike was so she went straight to the parking lot. And true enough, she saw that familiar back figure walking out of the school building.