Chapter 19-Mistaken Identity

My eyelids felt like they were glued shut. I pried them open and a white celling greeted me. Looking around, I realized I was in an unfamiliar room. The mattress creaked under me as I struggled to sit up. My head spun. I squeezed my eyes shut and clutched the bed to steady myself. After several minutes of deep breathing, I opened my eyes back up and slowly got up off the bed. I began walking towards the door when the handle started to turn. I backed up, fists raised, ready to greet this person. My wolf rose within me, ready for a fight if it came to that. A tall man with brown hair entered. I recognized him as one the man I saw from the neighboring pack. He had been in the car with Tori and Tyler's other friend.

Confusion ran through me. If he was from the neighboring pack, then what was going on? Why had he taken me? Was this some sort of initiation?

"Oh, good. You're awake. I'm so sorry I had to do that. You wouldn't have come with me if I hadn't."

"It's okay?" I said, cautiously watching his every move.

"Are you hungry? Come," he said, holding his hand out.

I declined his hand, but followed after him. I saw a flash of pain in his eyes that I didn't understand. We walked down the hall to a small kitchen. The smell of bacon, toast, and eggs hit my nose and my stomach grumbled loudly. He chuckled. I sat down in a chair. He placed a plate in front of me full of steaming hot food. I felt like I hadn't eaten in months and began shoveling food into my mouth. I finished sooner than I had expected.

I looked up to find the man staring at me. I looked around the small kitchen awkwardly, wondering why I was here in the first place.

"What's going on?" I asked. "Why am I here?"

"I've missed you so much my love," he said. Reaching for me, he did something unexpected. He kissed me.

I pushed him away with wide eyes, jumping out of my chair and backing away. "What are you doing? What is going on here? I don't even know you!"

"Sweetheart, calm down. It's okay. You're safe with me now." He tried coming closer, but I only backed up further, my back touching the wall. "Sarah, come here. Please, baby. Look at me. It's me, John. Don't you remember me baby?"

"What are you talking about? My name isn't Sarah. My name is Kate. Please. Please just let me go home."

"Baby, you're just confused. It's okay though. We're together again. When they told me you died, I knew it wasn't true and here you are. Here. Look at this. You'll remember." He held out a photo to me. I cautiously took it.

My eyes widened and my mouth dropped open. The photo showed a younger looking John next to a pretty, young girl. She looked just like me. Like an exact copy of me. It was eerie. I looked at the time stamp on the photo. 1990. That was years before I was born, this couldn't be me. I shook my head no.

"That's you and me. That's the day we went to the lake. Oh, don't you remember baby?"

"No, no that's not me. I wasn't even born then. I was born in 2000. That couldn't be me."

"Baby, please. I know you have to remember us. Just try, for me. Do it for us. Remember baby please."

He reached for me. He was blocking my exit towards the front door, so I ran out the back of the kitchen, straight to the room I was in before and locked the door. I had to get out. I tried the window, but it didn't open. John began banging on the door, yelling for me to let him in. I was trapped. There was no way out other than the door and the window and neither was an option right now. A tear rolled down my face and soon many followed after that. I just wanted to go home, back to my family, back to the pack.

Soon the banging on the door stopped, but I didn't dare go out. I lay on the bed and cried myself to sleep.

Only one more chapter left!!!!! So exciting to finish all my hard work.  I really hope you all loved it.