Chapter 12- Reality

My head was pounding when I came to. I opened my eyes to find Tyler watching me intently, kneeling by the couch I was laying on.

     "Kate! Oh goddess, Kate. You scared me. Are you okay? How do you feel?"

     The events of what had happened to me before I passed out rushed into my head.

     I sat up and looked at Tyler staring at me. "Was that real? Or did I dream it all?"

     "No Kate. It's all real. I wouldn't lie to you about this," he said softly.

     "Show me. I need to see it to believed it."

     He looked taken aback by my request, but nodded all the same. He stood and offered me his hand, helping me to stand. We walked outside and headed a little ways into the woods behind his house. We came to a small spot where the trees were thinner and Tyler stopped.

     He stood in front of me, looking me directly in the eye. He slowly took off his shirt, but I kept my eyes on his face. I already knew Tyler had a lean, muscled body from watching him practice soccer. I couldn't catch him blatantly staring at him, especially not now. I cleared my throat and he began to undo his pants.

     "Tyler! What the hell?" I slapped my hands over my eyes, feeling my face heat up.

     "Relax, Kate. It's only so I don't destroy my clothes. Now, you have to uncover your eyes, so you can watched and so you'll believe me."

     I uncovered my eyes and stared intently into his eyes, not allowing them to waver anywhere else at all.

     "Ready?" he asked softly.

     I nodded my head and a look of concentration came over his face. The sound of bones popping and snapping filled the air and his body took a new shape. A large brown wolf stood where Tyler was just seconds before. I swayed a little, but caught myself on the tree next to me.

     The wolf stared at me in anticipation, as if waiting for me to make the first move. It whimpered and I slowly took a step towards it. It bowed its head, showing me it meant no harm and I walked towards it and placed a hand on the fur on its head. The fur was warm and incredibly soft. I began to stroke the wolf's head and earned a purr in return.

     "Wow," I muttered in astonishment. Everything he had told me was true, I had just seen it with my own two eyes.

     The wolf stood up and picked up Tyler's clothes in its mouth and jogged behind a tree. The sounds of bones popping filled the air once more and after a few seconds, Tyler emerged from behind the tree, fully clothed.

     "So, do you believe me now?" he said coming up to me.

     "Yeah, I do" I said, still in some disbelief. But I couldn't deny what had happened right in front of my eyes. A thought pooped into my head and my curiosity blossomed. "Can I try, Ty? It might help it all seem more real if I do it myself."

     "Uh, yeah, sure," he said taking a step back. I undressed and Tyler was a gentleman, his eyes never leaving my face. "Now concentrate Kate. Think of your wolf and what it's like to be her. Bring her forth in your mind and become her."

     I closed my eyes and took a deep breath in, thinking of what it was like to run as a wolf, to feel the wind in my fur. I felt the same bone-crushing pain again, and opened my eyes to find myself in my wolf self on all fours. I looked to Tyler who had a look of awe and wonder on his face. If wolves could blush, my face would be red enough to give a tomato a run for its money. I gave him what I hoped to look like a grin and he chuckled softly.

     "Okay, Kate. Now to shift back it's the same thing, but the opposite. Think of what it's like to be human and tame your wolf down enough to become human again. Concentrate."

     I took another deep breath in and soon I was on two legs again. I looked to see Tyler covering his eyes and I couldn't help but laugh. "Sorry, Tyler. I forgot." After I had finished dressing, I said, "You can look now, I'm descent."

     He smiled and walked towards me, taking my hand in his as he lead us back to his house.

Hello again readers! Wow, two updates in one night! Woo!  I hope that somewhat makes up for the time between updates.  Sorry again for that.  I will try to update as soon as possible.  Thanks!!

With love,

Kaynik94