Chapter 19 - Tension Tea

Start from the beginning

"Natsu, I don't know if I got everything we -" She nearly dropped the bag at the sight in front of her. Natsu smiled brightly, Adrian gave a small wave.

"I'm not here to cause trouble." Adrian stated, "I'm here to talk to you . . ."

"And about what, exactly?" Lucy asked coldly. She set the bag on her counter and started pulling out the white containers as he talked.

"The other day, I know what I did wasn't the greatest idea." Really? "But I don't know how else to get you to listen, you only respond to force."

"Wow, I didn't realize how stupid you were."

"What?"

"Everyone responds to force, one way or another! You just won't take the time to find a gentler way of getting me to hear you out." Natsu was listening closely. Lucy handed him a box of white rice and a bottle of hot sauce as Adrian tried to find words that would help his case. How often is she right? Are all girls like this? He asked himself.

"Lucy, please listen. Remember what we had before? Remember how easy and simple it was? Notice how complicated things are now?" He knew she was confused, with what to do. Going back was easy. She'd be married and coronated as Queen as soon as she turned eighteen. There wouldn't be a war, lives wouldn't be lost. But . . .

"Sometimes it's hard to do the right thing." She said. She was staying. Yes, it'll be difficult. And she didn't want to hurt her guild members, but she'd read all the newspaper articles and became connected to all of them. She knew they would be hurt, but she also knew they were strong and could handle whatever was thrown at them.

Adrian sighed deeply. "Fine, it's your choice." He set his mug into the sink and walked to the door, just as Happy was able to free himself from the fan. Apparently, he hadn't been listening to the entire conversation and thought Adrian was going to cause trouble. He quickly flew towards Adrian and, to the horror of Lucy, clawed his face.

"Happy, stop!" Lucy pulled the exceed off of him. Adrian rested his hands on his face, hoping the pressure would help stop the bleeding. He looked at Lucy between his fingers.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't think he would-"

"Two weeks." Adrian cut her off.

"What?"

"You and that guild have two weeks. Not three, two." He stared at her. His expression was hard and cold. Lucy nodded.

"Two weeks." Adrian walked past her and left the apartment. She stood there in silence for a moment. For a short amount of time, he didn't scare her. She stood up for herself. She felt control for that one moment. Then it was shattered within seconds. Happy looked at Lucy solemnly.

"I'm sorry, Lucy. Really." She didn't hear his apology. All she could hear, were the voices in her head. Look what you did! You caused even more trouble for the guild! TWO WEEKS?! That's not enough time! YOU'RE The cause of their deaths!! She shook her head.

"No, Happy. It doesn't matter."

"Lucy?" Natsu asked concerned.

"Just. . . just leave me alone."

"Lucy-" Happy tried talking to her. But before he could say anything else, Lucy had slammed her bedroom door closed. "She hates me."

"She doesn't hate you- where's my rice?" Natsu's container was empty, as was the hot sauce bottle.

"You ate it. It was almost like eating all the popcorn when watching the trailers at a theater." Happy stated. He sat on the counter, next to Natsu's empty rice box. Natsu handed him a dumpling.