Chapter 2

The day I had been waiting for finally arrived. The day of the spectacular ball in which I would make Ciel Phantomhive mine. Thoughts of failure clouded my brain. What if he doesn't show? What if this whole festivity was for nothing? I just pushed those thoughts aside because my focus needs to remain on the lovely Ciel.

   Claude lets the guests in the mansion as the event starts. From a distance, I examined all the people who are entering the room. The men. The woman. They don't care for me at all. Those filthy rich pigs only want my money. That is the only reason they're here. I could care less about them anyway. The only person I am concerned with is the Earl Phantomhive. Though, I searched through the large crowd, I couldn't find him. Should I be worried? He is the only reason I invited these stupid bastards to my mansion.

"Hello Alois Trancy" I hear a voice say behind me.

"Ciel!" I reply enthusiastically.

"Tch. Why did you even invite me to this wretched place?"

"To see you of course Ciely"

"Don't call me that."

"Go enjoy yourself. There is plenty of cake and treats to appeal to your taste. I have some things to take care of. But I promise this isn't the last time we will talk tonight."

   With that, I walked away. By the time this ball ends, everything I have been hoping for since the day I met him, will come true.

   My plan is going smoothly. Sebastian would never let me lay a finger on Ciel without permission. That's why Claude will distract him so I can talk to him without worrying about that damn demon butler. I glanced around the ball room. The charming Ciel was by the dessert counter, eating a plate of cake. That boy has such a sweet tooth. The good thing was that Sebastian was no where to be found. This proves Claude succeeded in distracting him. I wonder how.

   I put on a wig along with my maid's outfit that I took from Hannah. I must lure him away from the guests so its just the two of us. My plan is unraveling perfectly. All the puzzle pieces are finally fitting into place. I might actually get what I've been wanting for so long.