Chapter 6

Alois P.O.V.

   My eyes fluttered open to find myself lying in bed in an unfamiliar place. Where was I? I sat up but felt an insufferable pain in my chest. There was bandages where I apparently have a wound. How did that happen? That's when my memories returned to me instantaneously. Claude almost killed me. I almost died. I could barely even utter a word. I couldn't believe Claude would betray me. I don't know if I can trust anyone anymore. 

   I heard the door creak open. There was a moment of silence, but then Ciel Phantomhive entered the room. He walked over to the bed and looked at me.

"C-ciel?"

"I'm so sorry Alois" he said with sadness in his voice. "I should have gone with you that night. I could have protected you from that monster known as Claude."

"Ciel..."

"I got worried since you didn't return for a while. So, I went looking for you. When I finally found you...you were lying on the ground. You looked...lifeless. I had Sebastian take care of Claude and then I brought you back to my mansion. I can't ever let you die Alois. You deserve so much better than what life has given you."

   Before I knew it, I felt tears rushing down my face. I was crying. 

"A-alois?! Whats wrong, why are you crying?!" Ciel asked worryingly.

"I'm crying because I'm happy. These are tears of joy." I sat up just enough to hug him. "Thank you so much."

   Ciel hugged me back. I just wanted for us to stay like this forever. 

"I love you." he said.

"Y-you do?"

"I realized how much I truly cared for you. I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I love you with all my heart and my soul. I love only you Alois Trancy"

"And I love only you Ciel Phantomhive." I say tearing up.

   For the first time ever, I saw Ciel smile. A real smile. He was beyond doubt joyful. It made me smile too.

   Ciel gave me a small, but sweet, kiss on the lips but pulled away.

"It will take a while for your wounds to heal. But I will stay in here everyday until you are one hundred percent better."

"But what about my contract with Claude?"

"Since Sebastian killed him, you don't have to worry about the contract anymore."

   I smiled. This is the best thing that has ever happened to me.