Chapter One: Liar

Hiding behind my mother's leg, I looked over at the small boy looking back at me with a disgusted expression. He was around my age ~eight~, brown hair, hazel eyes and a tall figure for an eight year old. Unlike me, he was standing confidently in front of his mother who was holding a small toddler in her arms.  

"Amelia! Don't be rude now, introduce yourself." My mother scolded, giving me a disappointed look. 

Nodding, I carefully stepped forward and fixed my gaze on the concrete floor below us. "I'm Amelia Taylor." I introduced myself, shyly. Something about this boy's confidence set me off.  

The boy smirked, "Oli Sykes." He stated, smugly. Never before have I met such a cocky eight year old. "That's Tom." He added, pointing over to the small toddler.  

I nodded before quickly resuming my position behind my mother's leg. She shot me a disappointed look but continued talking to Mrs. Sykes about Australia and things like that. All the while, I couldn't help but notice the disgusted look had yet to leave Oli's features.  

"Amelia, how about you go play with Oliver for a little? At the playground, doesn't that sound like fun?" My mother asked, smiling widely.  

Honestly, I wanted to shout 'no' but I knew if I did that, my mother would discipline me and I hate getting punished. My mother loves me, I know this but she's a very strict woman. Looking over at Oli, I noticed an evil smirk appeared on his lips.  

"Yeah, Amelia. It's going to be fun." He said, a mischievous look filled his hazel eyes.  

Nodding, I carefully walked towards Oliver. He grabbed my hand and lead me over to the empty swing set in the middle of the park. Once we arrived at the swing set, I was about to get on but Oli stopped me before I was able to do so. "You can't get on!" Oli snapped.  

"Why not?" I asked, my eyebrows furrowed in confusion.  

Oliver snickered, "Because you're too fat! You'll break the swing set!" He exclaimed before hopping on to the swing. 

My eyes brimmed with tears and I listed up my shirt to my ribs. I looked at my flat stomach and sighed, "I'm not fat, Oliver!" I shouted at him.  

Oli snorted, "Yes you are, Amelia!" He retorted, "If you get on this swing set. You'll break the entire thing!"  

I felt my blood begin to boil as I walked towards Oli. Using all my strength, I shoved him off the swing set and took his place.  

"Amelia! What are you doing?" I heard my mother ask. I turned around and saw her staring at me with furious eyes. Meanwhile, Mrs. Sykes was now running towards Oliver who was crying on the ground.  

"Mum! He called me fat!" I shouted, pointing towards Oli.  

His head shot up and he looked at me with an angry expression. "Did not!" He snapped, "I told you to get on the swing set and you pushed me off!"  

I rolled my eyes in annoyance before looking back at my mother. She grabbed my arm and lifted me up from the swing set. "Apologize now, Amelia." She said through gritted teeth. To say she was angry would be an understatement.  

"Sorry, Oli." I mumbled. My mother apologized to Mrs. Sykes before turning around and starting the other way. I looked over my mother's shoulders and saw Oli staring back at me with a wicked smirk.

&&&

What do you think? Hopefully, you guys like this story because I'm excited to start on it. Note~ None of these characters I own except for Amelia, her mum, etc.