Beautifully Broken: Chapter Six

So how was everyone's Halloween? Mine was great. My mom's birthday is on Halloween so we had a bash and all. :)

Anyway enough of that! Enjoy!

Chapter 6

ADDIE’S POV

I woke up the next morning to a loud knocking on my front door. It was so loud or rather firm that I could hear it from my newly painted bedroom.

Wait.

How could I be in my bedroom when we were painting it last night and I didn’t remember putting everything back in place? The last thing I remembered was falling asleep on my sofa waiting for Julian to finish the painting.

I looked around. My bed was in exactly the same place it was since yesterday.  So was my dressing table with the mirror and seat. The small cream sofa in the corner of my room was in its place as well. Even my alarm clock and side table was in its place. Did Julian do all this last night? Plus he had obviously carried me to the bed.

Oh my gosh. I looked down abruptly and sighed in relief. I was still in the same clothes as last night. At least he didn’t change me into my pajamas. THAT would be too embarrassing.

I remembered the knocking and shuffled to the door in my post-wake-up haze.

My eyes met Julian’s as I pulled the door open. I momentarily cursed him for looking so good in the morning. His hair was messed up tactfully, in that bed hair but much neater kind of way. He was wearing tight blue jeans and a blue grey shirt that made his eyes look bottomless. He was carrying a brown bag on top of a white rectangular box.

“Morning! I brought breakfast,” he greeted cautiously holding up the white box and brown bag in his hands.

“Morning… why are you awake so early?” I groaned and let him in putting my hands through my hair. I must have looked like a train wreck. I was still wearing yesterday’s painting clothes meaning I still had yesterday’s paint from fooling around.

“Sorry I had to wake you Addie, I thought you’d already be awake since its almost 10:30…” he reasoned with me.

“Ten-thirty?!” I almost shrieked. “Is it okay if I go wash up before we have breakfast? Just make yourself comfortable,” I said running off into my bedroom bathroom.

“And thank you for doing the furniture!” I shouted from my room as I turned back towards him before I entered the bathroom.

I took a short but soothing shower and quickly dried my hair. I put on a pair of khaki shorts and a white razor back shirt. I paired my outfit with a pair of low cut converse and a hoodie.

I applied a tiny bit of eyeliner and pink lip gloss. I left my hair down in golden brown waves since I didn’t have time to straighten it with Julian out there waiting. It would be rude to keep him there alone for too long. I hadn’t even said thank you properly.

Why was he here anyway? The room looked finished and we hadn’t even talked of meeting today? Or had I forgotten yesterday during our conversation? Shit. I must have forgotten. Poor Julian. Doing all the hard work last night then tucking me for bed and now I have to be a jerk and forget our plans? If only I could just remember.

I closed my eyes and tapped the fingers of my right hand in quick succession on top of the dresser. I let out a deep breath, I just couldn’t remember any Saturday plan I had agreed to. Damn it.

I walked out of the room to see that the white box he had brought was half a dozen Krispy Kreme donuts while the brown bag was from Starbucks. He had already spread the food on the small dining table. There were two glazed doughnuts on a plate next to a Venti Green Tea Frappuccino. Glazed doughnuts and a green tea Frap. Those were my both favorites!