Chapter 2

Namjoon pov

We were all busy with our tour. I hardly went home and see my parents. I missed them so much. I rarely get to meet my friends and go to school. Sometimes I have a feeling of regret being a celebrity. Hectic schedules, being exhausted from all the singing and dancing, trying to give the best performances. But thanks to my fans, my fellow members, music and especially my family had kept me going.

Lately, I have been dreaming about the girl wearing red converse highs, a white tee and a pair of jeans. I feel so frustrated everytime I wake up from the dream because I could not see her face. I only saw her once in underground but why does she leave a big impression on me? I went to the underground but the rappers there told me that she quit rapping due to some personal reasons.

"Hyung, for the past few months, a girl wearing red converse highs, a white tee and a pair of jeans keeps coming into my dream and I couldn't see her face. It's bugging me," I complained to Yoongi hyung.

"Maybe it's someone you might meet in the future. Why don't you take advantage of our situation?" I looked at Yoongi questioningly.

"In interviews, you know how fans always asked what is our ideal type? Just describe her and maybe you'll find her? I don't know. But really in a way, it doesn't make sense because it's not like she dressed that way every single day right?"

"Well, that's kind of true... Truthfully, I find it attractive though... girls wearing converse highs. Oh well. Thanks for suggesting,"

I started telling the public about my ideal type. Some fans came to the fan sign wearing red converse highs, a white tee and a pair of jeans. I was hoping that I might meet the girl but when I heard their voices I was a little bit disappointed. But, I was thankful that they came and supported us, Bangtan.

"Now that the tour is finished, do you want to resume school?" Bang PD-nim asked us. We nodded. We all missed school life. We too wanted to be like normal people. It's a bit hard now since we are known to the public.

"All of you would be enrolled in the same school except for Yoongi and Seokjin. You guys would be attending university."

When we went to school, many of them wanted to become our friends and took picture of us. This went on for about a week. I was thankful to them because they gave us space to study. There were a lot of clubs that we could join in- music, dance, art, uniformed groups, technology, sport. I joined the music club, as I have no passion for the others.

All the members in the music club were assigned a partner and a recording room. I got partnered up with a girl. I looked around the small recording room. I nodded my head in satisfaction.

"Wow, this room is pretty nice..." I heard her praising the room. "I guess we would be working together then. Hello, nice to meet you, I'm Namjung," She let out her hand.

I shook her hand. "I'm Namjoon,"

"Can I just ask, are you popular or something?"

"Well, I just debuted a few months ago..."

"Woah really? Never thought I would be friends with a celebrity. Can I have a signature or something? You might get really famous in the future so I don't want to miss this chance." I smiled and signed on a piece of paper.

"By the way, what group are you from?" I was surprised when she asked me that.

"I'm part of BTS. We're not that popular but you must have heard about us..." I said feeling disappointed. I'm going to work really hard to make BTS known nationwide, or even better, worldwide.

"Ah, I'm sorry if I offended you... It's just that, I don't really watch the television. I don't go on the Internet much. It's hard to believe but I pretty much spend most of my time studying. You can call me a nerd I guess,"

"Don't worry, I'm a nerd too." She nodded and searched up something on her phone.

"WOW! You scored 850 points in TOIEC? You taught yourself english? Wahh, your english is so fluent!" She complimented me while looking through my profile and videos of me speaking in English on the Internet. "You're the famous Runch Randa?" She said softly. Wait what? What does she mean by THE FAMOUS Runch Randa? Was she a rapper too? Don't tell me... I was about to ask her when she suddenly pouted.

"Is something wrong?" I asked her.

"I guess we are enemies from now on... I'm that kid who always is first place in subjects. I think you are going to steal my spot away. And since you are a musician, you are going to beat me in music assignments..." She sighed. "Fine, I want to offer you a challenge. Be ready Kim Namjoon. I'm not going easy on you eventhough you are famous!"

"Okay then, I'll accept this challenge. Let's see who would take the first spot in exams," I smiled.

"Should we get started now? I'm really curious about your music skills," I asked her.

"I composed this instrumental about a few years ago." She played the track and started rapping to it. I was shocked. I thought she would sing. As I listen to her familiar voice, my eyes widened.

"W-wait. Aren't you mask-red converse highs-white tee-jeans-girl?"

"Wow, was I named like that back then?"

"Oh my gawd, so you are that female rapper,"

"Hehe, hi Runch Randa," She gave me a little wave.

"Seriously? You should have told me that! Finally the mystery is solved!"

"What mystery?" She raised her eyebrow.

"Don't worry about that. I was a fan of yours back then,"

"I had a fan?"

"Yeah man! You totally killed it the first time I saw you. Why did you quit underground?"

"Due to my family situation..." She put her head down, looking sad.

"Oh... If you want someone to talk to, I can help." I smiled at her. She smiled back.

"Since I don't really know about your music career, maybe you can show me some of the music you produced?" She suggested.

First, I showed her our pre-debut song/mixtape, school of tears. The look in her eyes changed the moment I played the track.

"This is truly a piece of art. The lyrics are really amazing! Nice music video too!" She complimented.

"Thanks! The next video is called No More Dream. It's our debut song," I showed her another music video, N.O. Her eyes teared up when she listened to the song. I was confused because it wasn't a sad song.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah... I'm fine, it's just that the lyrics are really so relatable. My parents pressure me a lot about studies. They want me to become a doctor. Well, my mum wanted me to. My dad didn't really mind. He said he would support me in whatever I choose to do. The judgmental society today pressures us teenagers so much. Thank you for making a song like this. Congratulations Namjoon, you just earned a new ARMY. I think I'm your fan now."

I talked to Suga hyung about Namjung. About how she reacted when listening to our songs. It encouraged me to produce even better songs. My number one goal that I want to achieve in my life: Produce songs that inspire people.