Chapter 1

"And coming up next we have music's favorite star, Shy!" I hear the announcer exclaim to the excited audience, while I was getting ready backstage.

I just finished getting ready (Shy's outfit below minus the purse) right before I heard my manager/sister Jessica yell "Shy you better be ready, you are on in 2 minutes!"

"I'm on my way now."

I walked out of my dressing room and into the hallway where I was greeted by Jess arguing with stage hands about the lighting. I just rolled my eyes as I thought 'typical Jess, always fussing over little details.' I cleared my throat, knowing this argument was going no where, and I finally gained their attention.

"Oh Shy, you ready?" Jess greeted.

"As I'll ever be," I breathed out nervously.

"Shy, there is nothing to worry about, you are going to be just fine." She tried reassuring me.

"I don't know Jess, what if I am not doing the right thing, what if this is a mistake, what if-" I got cut of by the host of the show saying.

"Now please welcome to the stage our next guest, SHY!"

"Its now or never" I mumbled and turned back to Jess to see her mouthing 'You'll be fine.' I gave her a weak smile before turning back to walk out on to the set, where I was greeted with the excitement of the crowd and I then felt myself start to instantly relax as I had the reassurance of my fans.

I took my seat in the plush red couch near the seat the host Jeff sat.I turned to the audience flashing them a stunning smile. I then turned my attention back to the host as he welcomed me to the show.

After our little greeting it was time to be serious and discuss why I was here in the first place.

"So Shy it seems that you have been making headlines lately. Can you share to us what's been going on lately with your music?"

I answered back with a smile. "Well as you must know I will be releasing my second album this Friday and some singles have already been released as a sneak peak as what's to come."

"It seems like you have been busy." He replies back with a small chuckle.

I gave a soft giggle back as I reply, "Yeah, we have all been busy working hard to give the fans an amazing album and  incredible music videos."

"Well I know that I for one cannot wait to hear this album."

"Thank you. I know I could of never made it this far with out the continuous support of my family, the amazing people who helped put together the album, and of course the dedication of my fans."

"Yes, of course, you can't forget the people who had a hand in your success."

"Exactly," I agreed.

"Anyway Shy, if I am not mistaken, you were going to sing us a song off your new album."

"Yes, indeed I am."

He than announces, "Well than after we take a small commercial break Shi will be performing a song so don't go any where." The cameras then stopped rolling.

Jeff turns back to me and explains how things are going to work for the rest of the show. He says that after I perform that we will continue talking for awhile and then he will ask me about the important news I have to share. I just listen and nod telling him that "I got it."

I then go backstage to get a drink and prepare myself for the performance. When the stage attendant tells me I have one minute until we go live again, I head out to the stage,where the band is set up, to go stand behind the microphone.

As the cameras start rolling I hear the host tell the audience that we are back. He then announces me and heads off stage.

The lights dim out and a spotlight hits me. I take a deep breath as the music starts to play and I start to sing the beginning of the song.

"I still hear your voice, when you sleep next to me.
I still feel your touch in my dream.
Forgive me my weakness, but I don't know why
Without you it's hard to survive.

'Cause every time we touch, I get this feeling.
And every time we kiss, I swear I could fly.
Can't you feel my heart beat fast, I want this to last.
Need you by my side.
'Cause every time we touch, I feel the static.
And every time we kiss, I reach for the sky.
Can't you feel my heart beat so...
I can't let you go.
Want you in my life.

Your arms are my castle, your heart is my sky.
They wipe away tears that I cry.
The good and the bad times, we've been through them all.
You make me rise when I fall.

'Cause every time we touch, I get this feeling.
And every time we kiss, I swear I could fly.
Can't you feel my heart beat fast, I want this to last.
Need you by my side.
'Cause every time we touch, I feel the static.
And every time we kiss, I reach for the sky.
Can't you feel my heart beat so...
I can't let you go.
Want you in my life.

'Cause every time we touch, I get this feeling.
And every time we kiss, I swear I could fly.
Can't you feel my heart beat fast, I want this to last.
Need you by my side."

I smiled as the audience once again erupted into applause. Now it was time to continue the rest of the interview.

***

The interview was going well so far. Jeff kept asking questions about the inspiration behind my next album. It wasn't until only seven minutes were left in the show that I began to grow nervous. And finally Jeff asked the question.

"Shy, a little birdie informed me that you have some important news to share with us?"

"I do. However I'm very nervous about the reactions I'm going to receive but here goes nothing." I took a deep breath before finally speaking "As we all know summer is coming to an end bringing in a new school year for students. For me this will be my senior year, and after much consideration, I decided that I want to have a normal high school experience. So I will be taking a break from my music to return to my hometown until next summer when I will be headlining my first world tour. "