Difference is Good

Start from the beginning

"And I don't lose." Tyche walked to the door.

"It's barely sundown." Aphrodite said. "Too early to get wasted."

"I don't get wasted, I'm a goddess." Tyche opened the door from her office.

"Tell me why you're upset, please?" Aphrodite begged. "Think's don't end well when you gamble."

Poseidon settled himself at the edge of Tyche's work desk. Athena turned around to face Tyche. Tyche was now cornered by three of the most powerful gods.

"Alex is gonna hate me." Tyche said. "I have Jess, Thea, Simon. I have Edward, and Collin. Doesn't mean that I want one of my kids to hate me." She said miserably.

"She's not gonna hate you." Aphrodite said encouragingly. "You're not parent of the year of anything, but-" She shrugged.

"You tried the best you can." Poseidon said. "If I'm not mistaken, you gave her the Pegasi."

"That's right. Crystal." Athena nodded along.

"Liar." Tyche spat. "That was you Poseidon! You sent Crystal there!"

Athena turned to Poseidon and gave him a flat stare. Poseidon shrugged and mumbled.

"It was worth a shot."

"You've been protecting her, right? You tried." Aphrodite said in a helpful manner.

"Sure." Tyche mumbled glumly.

"C'mon. Alex will understand." Athena said. "She's awfully smart."

"Hubris." Poseidon muttered, masked with a loud cough.

"I didn't mean me!" Athena retorted. "And I don't mean you either. I mean she's smart. She's understanding. She's your daughter, and she's quite random, really." She went off track.

"How about we take you to go see her?" Poseidon offered.

"Nope. Not gonna happen." Tyche skipped off and ducked towards the door.

"Come on." Aphrodite coaxed.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

"I'm a what?" Alex blinked.

"Daughter of luck." Nico repeated.

"I'm a who?" Alex asked again.

"You're Tyche's daughter." Nico said.

"The-the Casino-" Alex stuttered and Nico replied with a nod. "She's my mother?"

"Well yeah." Nico said. "If I'm not mistaken." He mumbled.

"But she looks so young." Alex said slowly. "She's twenty one." She said in horror.

"She looks twenty one, she's at least 2000 years old, I mean." Nico clicked his tongue.

"I don't understand." Alex said.

"No one does, really." Nico mumbled, and Alex glared.