Chapter 4: I'll Show You a Better Day

"I mean, I can't just send you away when you have no one to go to..?" It came out sounding like a question. No way, she won't actually allow me to stay? There's no way.. His eyes were wide and hopeful despite his thoughts.

"But what were you planning to do about this whole thing? You couldn't just be planning to stay on the streets forever with no money, right..?"

"I-I was hoping I could find a place where they would hire me, like, without the government knowing... I know it's breaking the law and I don't like it but I literally don't have a choice.. But it's so hard to find someone who believes me." Ughh I really don't know what I'm getting myself into..

"Well... You can stay here for now if you want, I'll pay for food and stuff and I'll help you find a job, okay? I really can't watch such a young person on the streets, like you never even had a chance.."

OH MY GOD!! HOW DO I RESPOND TO THIS???  "O-ohh thank you so much you literally have no idea how grateful I am I literally owe you my life thank you so much oh my god!" he looked at you with wide eyes, and you swore you caught a glimpse of wetness glazing his eyeballs.

"It's okay, really. What about school though? You go to school? How old are you?"

"I'm 20. I don't go to school.. I could only graduate middle school, because I wasn't allowed high school or any othe education.."

"Wow, what the hell did that person do in your name? How can anyone just get banned from the world basically.." you wondered, never thinking about the fact that he might be a vampire.

"Y-yeah.." I feel so bad lying to her, she's honestly such a good and sweet person.. But she would throw me out if I told her... Maybe if she knew that I don't kill? But would she even give me time to explain that..?

"Anyways, shall we go out later and I'll help you buy some more clothes? You can't just have one set." you laughed softly, trying to get comfortable with him.

"Ahh I will definitely pay you back as soon as I can.. Thank you so much."

"Don't worry about it. I mean I'm not rich, even though it looks like it judging from this sick house. It has been passed over in my family for decades. But it's pretty cheap, and not having to pay the usual overprized rent every month is very helpful so it's not like I have no money either. I'll buy them as a gift." you insisted, smiling at him. Before he had a chance to reply, you spoke again. "I have a guest room with a bed and a closet and everything, consider it your bedroom. Come, I'll show you!" you started walking up the stairs, with him trailing behind you with a huge smile on his face. You didn't realize it yet, but you were happy too. You really liked taking care of this guy, for some reason.

"Woah, it's perfect!" he exclaimed as soon as you opened the door. You laughed as he admired the room. Wow, it's just an ordinary room, he must really have been homeless for a long time.

Woah.. Is this how humans live? It's so different from the houses the other vampires built for us "lower rank" vampires..... I even have my own room.

"I will be downstairs, come down whenever you're ready and we can go shopping!" you said and skipped down the steps, leaving him to look at the empty doorway with, once again, wet eyes. Wow, today is the best day of my life. I almost cried like 50 times already and what is the time even!? He noticed the clock hanging on the wall. 11 am. I might actually cry if the day continues like this.

You looked up at the sound of someone coming down the stairs. Wow, he looks so cute in my clothes. You halted your movements and widened your eyes at your own thoughts. Wtf?? Why am I such a creep!? I have just met the guy!  You shook your head and tried to loosen up before he noticed you. You got up and walked to the door and asked "Let's go?" with a light voice. He nodded and walked out the door as you opened it. Yet, I already practically asked him to move in with me.. I must really have lost my mind.