Chapter 1: Unwelcome

"What are you doing? Stop acting like you're one of us!" The guy shouted at Taehyung.

"I'm not... I-I just want a place to sleep.. I'll be gone in the morning everyd-"

"Ha! As if! Sleep on the ground, monster."

"I'm not the one sucking innocent people dry every day." The guy hissed at Taehyung in an almost animalistic way, making Taehyung sigh and turn around, eyes glued to the ground. Without another word he began walking, the fall leaves cracking under his feet. He kept walking in the unknown direction, hoping for the forest to end soon. He just wanted to get out of there now. It was only full of shameless killer vampires, who all hated him. To them, he was weak. All because he wouldn't kill. And there was no room for weaklings in their groups or in their spare beds. They might've lived in the forest and in the mountains, but they had managed to steal a bunch of things, and had practically built their own shared houses, more luxury than it sounds. There was plenty of room, but Taehyung was the only unwelcome vampire. So now here he was standing between 2 of the trees that outlined the forest, with nothing but the clothes he was wearing and a small bag with a bit of money (that he had earned by working for other vampires) and one other t-shirt. Everything else he had was taken from him by the others the second they found out about his soft heart. They had always thought he had been like them, but recently discovered that he had never been. He had never felt close with them, but he was still hurt to see that they clearly never cared about him. His eyes suddenly felt wet as well as the grass below him, as rain had just broken out from the skies. It was getting late, and he was beyond exhausted. Not to mention his back that felt like it was breaking, from sleeping on the ground for a while now, hopelessly thinking that they would allow him back after they had cooled down. But what do I do... I can't even get a place to live or a job.. Everyone thinks I'm a monster.... With that thought he slumped down onto the dirty and wet ground, miserably crying and getting drenched to the bone by the heavy rain. He didn't even bother pulling his hood on. He whimpered and let out a long sigh, tilting his head towards the sky but keeping his eyes closed. He let his eyes open and his head fall down, only now noticing the row of houses just about 50 metres from him. They all had yards and it seemed like they all also had pools, or maybe just some of them. He sniffles and got up, walking towards the one most to his left. If there's a pool, there should also be sunbeds... And in 2 story houses, isn't the bedroom upstairs like 99% of the time? He wasn't sure if it was actually true or if he was just trying to convince himself. And since it's the outer one, there will only be neighbors on one side and a lesser chance of getting caught.. Taehyung looked at the pathetic fence, and climbed over it in less than 5 seconds. There was no lights on inside the house, so he assumed and hoped they were sleeping. As he thought, there was a few sunbeds. He laid down on the wet sunbed, closest by the fence, but didn't really feel the wetness from already being drenched. He covered his face with his hands, mentally cursing at himself. There was no way he could get any sleep tonight. Everything was closed by now and he didn't have anything to wake up in time tomorrow. The owners might have work early, and will see him before he wakes up. He couldn't risk it. This is gonna be a long night..

The sun was slowly rising, illuminating the sky. Taehyung was struggling to not fall asleep, and had even dozed off a few times during the night, close to dozing off now as well. He suddenly heard a sound coming from the house, and looked through the wide floor to ceiling windows, that were both upstairs and downstairs. You came down from the stairs, and headed straight towards the doors to the backyard, where Taehyung was. Luckily for him, you were rubbing your eyes ever since coming down, and Taehyung made his escape. He quickly ran to the forest, only running about 20 metres past the first trees before sitting down against a tree. Since I'm so tired, I will just sleep here for a bit.. It won't hurt my back too much just once more right. He laid his bag on the dirty and damp ground, before laying down using it as a pillow.