Chapter 5: N U M I N O U S

# Disembodied; feeling fearful yet awed and inspired. #

~Edited.~

Please listen to the song above...

At the start of every chapter, there will be a snippet of Nandini's past from the beginning.

~

Natasha knew what today was; everyone knew what this day would bring and how it would affect their lives. 

For the past week, before the Auction, every single girl being trained at the Academy is sent out on a manhunt. For each other. There were only meant to be ten survivors. Whoever lasted the longest won. You kill each other, out of spite. 

She had returned, of course, along with Alexandria and eight others.

"No one expects an angel to se the world on fire" That was what was whispered to her by the Leader when she was grabbing her survival kit, after being given a slight nudge, silently conveying the command that she were to return victorious. The Leader was a woman of a few words and thus, Natasha had learnt her silent commands and her expressions enough to mimic them in front of Alexandria to make her laugh.

Currently, at the tender age of nine, it was time for Natasha Irina Volkov to retire and begin a new identity under a new master. At the start, she would be nobody. A lowly, measly assassin but Natasha vowed to make her own name in the world and not the name of the naïve and sweet Russian Princess whose skin she had shed whilst being here.

Natasha was the Leader's most prized possession but now, she was being brought like a common whore, for an Assassin Leader to use at his discretion.

All that training, would go to waste if a low-life politician bought her for his agenda and revenge but Natasha refused to let that happen. She wanted to be sold to the best of the best where her training would be meaningful. As meaningful as murdering people could get.

Both Alexandria and Natasha had waited, with bated breath, their hands tight in each other's grasp as the curtain fell and they were then separated to be led to a pedestal where each of the 10 assassin trainees stood. They looked at the crowd who had auction paddles in their hands, like this was some kind of art show. Standing there in scantily clad in a leather bodysuit, she felt on display as the buyers moved around her. Her skillsets were placed on an Apple iPad in front of her for the Leaders to see. She stood in her designated place, all the other assassins behind her following her lead. Finally, the bidding was over and Natasha had to be almost dragged off the stage after she stood glaring at the people, voluntarily involved in human flesh trade. She was sold for a measly three billion dollar. Harshly, she was pulled by one of the Academy staff and pushed into her room where the minimal stuff she had brought with her was put into bags. Feeling almost dejected, she went to pick up her bags when the room opened behind her.