Chapter 8: A P A R T

~Edited.~

Please listen to the song above...

At the start of every chapter, there will be a snippet of Nandini's past from the beginning.

~~

November 22nd, 1999

Reunion & Mayotte, France

After two weeks at the Academy, Natasha finally knew her way around the glass triangle that she would call home for the next few years. There was the main dining hall, individual rooms, meeting rooms, a courtyard, a swimming pool and a shooting range. Others were rooms with heavy metal doors and other training areas that Natasha had yet to see. She realised within a few days of being here that she was the only one who didn't share a room.

In the room next to her, there were about three girls, a few years older than her but she hadn't bothered to learn their names. All knew was one looked angry all the time, one was smiling like it was Christmas and the other was quiet as a mouse, not because she was plotting but because she just wanted to be invisible.

Her schedule was repetitive for someone who was so used to the luxuries of different leisure activities. Everyday, she got up at 5 o'clock, showered and dressed in the uniform- a skin-tight leather bodysuit. It was to make sure they got used to heaving the weight of several weapons on them and getting used to the material against their skin.

Then came the 20 minute breakfast in the dining hall where most of the girls in their division, around her age, mostly older. Some wore different uniforms and Natalia came to the conclusion that they were part of the hacker specialty. Natalia was taught everything, from hacking to martial arts so she was surprised when she discovered that some girls only specialised in one field.

From 7 o'clock onwards was the morning lessons where they studied like it was a normal school. The usual subjects like Maths, sciences, and the several languages that Natalia was already familiar with.

That goes on for about 4 hours without any breaks after which two hours of exercise followed. The girls were split into age groups where they competed against each other in a variety of different activities. They learned gymnastics, tumbling, mixed martial arts. Every so often, if the trainers were in a good mood, they may be allowed to play a game of volleyball.

At around 12 was the hour lunch, half an hour of which they were allowed outside and Natalia finally got to admire the open sky and feel the sun hit her pale skin.

Then came the afternoon lessons which is so different from the first because they were lectured on etiquette and appearance, coding and weapons training. The first time the instructor brought out a knife for each girl to handle, Natalia was so scared she was going to cut herself, she almost dropped it. Some of the girls cut themselves and the teacher hit them with her cane over the knuckles but nothing to wipe the blood with so it flowed over their knuckles and onto the knives painting a gruesome image.