(Haruka is) A Natural Woman

(Dr. Oliver's Office, São Paulo - Brazil)

Third Session

- Henry, now that you feel more comfortable, wouldn't you like to talk about that issue?

- How should I start, doctor?

- How about telling me how your relationship started?

- Ok.

"We first met by spring this year. Cherry blossoms were gently floating from the branches, while I was hurrying to my first day in the new school. I leap through the gates just one second before it closed. Still on the floor I heard a sweet voice:

- 「大丈夫?けがしてないですか?」[Are you OK? Did you get hurt?]

When I raise up my eyes, I saw the most beautiful being that has ever who walked out on Earth. Those sweet brown eyes and short hair on the same color, have created an air of fragility, inocence and purity. I reminded of Nagisa, and immediately fell in love.

During the entrance cerimony all I could think off was that angel in school uniform. Heading to my class, I couldn't hold the excitment when I saw those shoulders standing by the door reflecting the morning sunshine. While I was trying to cool down, I glimpsed a movement, but before I could turn away, our bodies collided. I could stop Haruka from falling down, and I noticed recognition in those eyes before I was rewarded by an embarrassed smile.

-「す・・・すみません・・・ありがとう。」[I-I'm so-sorry... Thank you.]

- 「いいえ、僕が悪かったんです。」[It was my fault] - I said abashed.

We didn't exchange any other words while we entered the classroom and searched for our seats. Once seating I glanced to my side, and for the first time our eyes met each other

Sitting side by side in class, our friendship grew naturally in no time. Our shyness would lead us to blush to the smallest physical contact even after months. But then rumours had that we were dating, and once we found out the reason of our embarrassement towards each other, we started dating. During summer vacation we held hands for the first time, and our first kiss happened under fireworks in the beach..."

...

- I see. I suppose this is your first relationship...?

- The first and the only. I know some date two, three or more people at once, but I can't even think about that. Haruka is THE ONE for me.

- Sure... So, have you been meeting recently?

- Not since I started coming here... Mom has forbidden me. (Tears welled up his eyes)

Fifth Session

- Few weeks ago you told me your mom forced you to break your relationship. Would you like to talk about it? How was the contact with your family.

- They don't understand me!

"Firstly I thought about hiding about Haruka. Nobody would be interested to know. But the closer we got, it became more obvious in my face that something was going on. A certain day my mom asked me why was I so happy. My brother teased me saying I was in love. I confessed that that was true. My mom was surprised, she wanted to know how she was. I described a few general features and astonished she said she wanted to meet her. I knew this wouldn't be possible. For a few months my mom accepted that it was due to my shyness and trusted that someday I would introduce my her to my family.

Whe we started dating, again my facial expression betrayed me and I ended up telling the news. My mom was drown in curiosity and started asking me often to bring her home or show a picture. I always replied that Haruka was shy and didn't like pictures. She, then, was always attentive when I went to my room to talk to my girlfriend. Several times I caught her hearing through the door or rummaging around my room. She even started to use the computer, trying to find any picture in my files.