Chapter 11-Getting to know Mr. Bad Ass

Start from the beginning

How did he know my name?

Stalker much?

I snapped out of my thoughts and quickly made my way out the diner and to the car where Amy was waiting. 

“What took you so long, Em?” Amy asked. I can’t tell her I ran into Mark in there or else she’ll freak out and make me tell Derek or Aiden. I just want to keep this meeting between me and Mark, just between me and Mark for now.

I shook my head at her “Nothing, I just dropped my phone.” I said half lying hoping she wouldn’t catch on. She looked like she believed me because she didn’t say anything else, but just nodded her head. Once we were parked in the school’s parking lot Amy and I made our way into the halls of Jefferson High. I opened up my locker and dumped my books in it and grabbed the notebooks I needed for my morning classes. I closed my locker and glanced out of the corner of my eye to see a tall figure standing directly next to me. I almost crapped my pants. Who the hell stands so freaking close!? The person really wanted to kill me by a heart attack. I hate people sometimes. I put a hand over my heart to help stop the racing. I looked again to see Aiden with a serious expression on his face. Shit. I’ve never saw Aiden with such a serious look on his face.

“We need to talk. Now.” He stated. I swallowed the lump that had formed in my throat. He looked so menacing and scary I would have sprinted out of there if I wasn’t glued to the floor with fear.

“Um, uh, o-okay.” I stammered out. Can you blame me!? He’s so scary right now. Now I know why people fear him. By now the halls were almost cleared of people and class was about to begin. “So, um, talk?” I said but it came out as a question.

“Not here.” Aiden said and he started to walk toward the doors that led to the school’s campus. I’m guessing he wanted me to follow so that’s exactly what I did. We walked out of the double doors and Aiden lead us toward the bleachers of the school’s football field. We walked up to the middle of the bleachers and sat. Aiden took out a cigarette and placed in his mouth and lit it up. Huh I never knew he smokes, must be part of the bad boy reputation. Aiden inhaled the cigarette and exhaled it out as he looked out to grassy area of the school. We sat in comfortable silence until I got impatient and broke it.

“Aiden, if you’re not gonna talk, then I’m gonna go.” I said getting up from my seat prepared to walk down. That was until I felt a hand grab my wrist lightly. I turned to see Aiden looking down at the bleachers.

“Sit Emma, I’ll talk.” He said softly and I complied sitting back down. Aiden cleared his throat and ran his hand through his thick dark brown hair. “I just wanted to say sorry about what happened last night.” Aiden Black apologizing? I never thought I would see the day.

“I um shouldn’t have let that guy get to me.” I could tell this was difficult for Aiden to say so I stopped him.

“Aiden, what are you really apologizing for?” I said turning to look at him to see that he was staring at me intently. “Are you apologizing for me having to see that or are you apologizing for not being able to finish what had started?” Aiden just stared at me for another minute before turning away to take a drawl for his cigarette.

“Emma, I have a past. A past that I don’t want a lot to know about.” Aiden said.

“Aiden, I’m not asking for every single detail about your past. Hell, I’m not even concern about your past. Just don’t let your past define who you are.”

“Acting wise now sweetheart?” Aiden said smirking taking the cigarette bud and stomping it out. I rolled my eyes at him as a small smile tug at the corners of my lips. I gazed out to the open forest that surround the field in front of us as we sit in silence lost in our own thoughts.