Prologue: Even if your house is made up of ashes, it's still home.

Fire.

Flames.

Smoke.

Ashes.

These are the things that a lady is currently watching with her mesmerizing gray eyes, as the once peaceful and merry village slowly disintegrated form her eyes.

Good thing Katsura-kun warned me about this. She thought.

Flashback

As the peaceful morning passed by a letter was delivered to a certain house in a country village far far away from the city of Edo. A lady in her twenties was very curious about the letter since there was not a single letter sent to her and she has no friends left, more likely they left her and she's the only one taking care of herself alone.

She just got home from working as a cashier in a small and a little old fashioned convenience store, she was about to go inside her house when she noticed that there was a letter inside her mailbox since there was a small part of a white envelope sticking out.

She took the letter and immediately went inside. She's half day today from her work since she was working for 24 hours earlier.

She put her bags in her small sofa and put her letter gently in the dining table then she immediately took a bath.

Now dressed up in her pink yukata with flower designs she took the letter from the dining table and also was surprised by the name of the sender.

'Space Captain Zura'

Katsura-kun? She wondered.

She knew it was a spam but well there's no harm in reading it.

'The cherry blossom among flowers, the warrior among men.'

'Space Captain Zura janai, Katsura Kotaoru da!'

No doubt. It really is Katsura-kun. She thought.

'Sakura as much as I want to keep you updated of what's happening write now I have to write this letter fast so it can be delivered to you before it's too late. The day that I am writing this right now is the 3rd of November, you're really in trouble right now not only you but the villagers too. The Bakufu is planning to destroy you village in 2 weeks time that's what my source said. You should warn the villagers and escape now as soon as you have finished reading this letter. Wondering why eh? The Humble Shogun, Tokugawa ShigeShige was assassinated 2 years ago. The current basta- I mean shogun is a mad man, I mean an overly cunning man. I request for you to not go to the City of Edo. It's very dangerous there and you wouldn't really like it there. Take the villagers with you out of the country. Good luck. I'm giving you a very good advice Sakura so I hope you would follow it: DO NOT GO TO EDO. I am REPEATING, DO NOT GO TO EDO. Repeating janai, Katsura da!'

"Out of all villages they can terminate it's ours! Why?" The lady shockingly said.

"And after good old 8 years! You only have sent me a letter now!" She shouted angrily.

"And like hell I won't go to Edo!" She shouted more loudly.

After she let out her anger by shouting, a little bit of cursing, and stomping, she calmed down.

She sighed and threw the note on the small coffee table of her small living room and sat on her couch.

"First things firsts, the villagers safety is my main priority. What date was it today?" She looked at her calendar hanging on the wall.

"The 11th of November, 6 days left. We can still make it if we act now."

She sprang up from her feet and immediately started running outside my house with the letter of course locking all the doors on the way until she is in front of the most decent house in the village where the most respected person of the village resides, specifically the 52 year old village chief.

With two guards on the gate she was immediately escorted to the chief since they knew she is a friend of his.

"Sakura-dono, good timing I was just about to go out. What brings you here?"

"Chief it's an emergency." She handed him the letter.

The next day the villagers all agreed as the chief gave them a little information for them to understand the situation and they immediately agreed. It's quite a small village consist of not more than 20 families so they most likely know each and everyone and they get along.

All of the village started to pack the things needed. The day after that they started to go with tears in there eyes since they have to leave their home.

"You aren't coming?" The chief asked the pretty lady clad in black clothing suited for fighting with a brown cloak and large hat covering her as she stood at the entrance while the villagers stood behind him, waiting for him.

"I have to stay here in Edo, I have to do something."

"I understand Sakura-dono, but please take care of yourself."

"I will, along with this sword by my side." She said holding the hilt of the katana which is strapped in her waist.

They parted ways and she continued standing there until she couldn't see the figures of her fellow villagers.

And she found herself a comfortable spot in a hill full of trees a little far where no one can see her but she can view the village and everything that's happening outside of the houses. She setup her camp.

And stayed there until that day came.

End of Flashback

After the continuous fire throwing by the flying ships with a flame thrower and explosion of bombs. The attackers finally left.

Now that the coast is clear, she slowly walked towards the only thing that is left of the village. The village gates.

"They have to pay for this! I'm going to get my revenge." She said with full harshness in her tone.

(Author: Oi! You're starting to sound like a certain duck-butt ninja!)

(Sakura: Get lost author! This is one of the moments where you can't tell a joke you know!)

(Author: But I'm not kidding!)

(Sakura: Fine! Just continue the story!)

(Author: Okie Dokie)

(Sakura: Isn't it supposed to be Okie Dokey?)

(Author: Just shut it.)

She stood still for a second which seemed like forever and started her journey.

Her journey towards Edo.

----------------------------

(Sakura: Um.. you still haven't introduce me yet.)

(Author: ...)

(Sakura: Oy! Author!)

(Author: ZZZzzz...)

-----------------------------

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Now there you have it! My first ever written fanfiction... maybe.

Any questions? Comment on. Please vote. And also support the original series!