Chapter 7: There's Still This One Secret

CHAPTER 7: THERE'S STILL THIS ONE SECRET

Slamming the door, I proceeded to make my way to get the ingredients from the chest. You see, this is one of the hardest things when it comes to painting, creating your own color with the available ingredients. It takes a while before everything will be set. Although I enjoy mixing it my arms easily gets tired with all the stirring. Plus being the impatient person I am.

Ugh, I just wish I could get on with lending my thoughts on the wood already.

"Ai Alexa! You're already here! I thought you wouldn't go until noon. I was about to get your things ready for you," Monsieur Phinues said from behind me.

I turned to him. "Oh no worries, monsieur. I already got it. This," I sighed. "But it would be a huge help if you've got some left over paint from your last project."

"Oh yes, I do. But are three colors alright? I only got Copper, pale green and chestnut left. I'll check out my other chest if I have some left over red paint- I think I do although there's only so little left. Is that enough? I could help you make others, Alexa?"

I smiled and shook my head. "That's enough, monsieur. Four colors are already a huge help. I'll make the others myself. Thank you very much."

He nodded and gave me the colors before leaving me by myself. Monsieur Phinues believes that concentration is a must when it comes to my kind of art. Which is true. It helps me think more of my idea.

Time passed. I heard my stomach gave a loud growl. I sighed and closed my eyes for a minute. I skipped lunch, an impossible thing for me to do, no doubt my stomach is protesting. Mixing those ingredients really did took a while. A huge amount to time and I hope it's worth it.

I looked down at the colors that I have now. Yup, it's worth it alright. Discovering other shades of colors helped me enhance the image inside my head.

I was about to start something when I heard a knock from the door.

Oh no, I groaned. Wrong timing whoever you are! You knocked me out of my trance!

Despite the thought, I said "Come in!" and listened as I hear the door creaked open. "Wow, you look terrible." Said a familiar voice from behind me.

I shook my head, grinning to myself. "Thanks for pointing that out. Way to boost up a girl's confidence. Now what are you doing here, Clifford?"

"It's Clint. How many times should I tell you that?" he asked and felt him walking towards my place. I turned around to face him.

"Could be until you lose your tongue because of always telling me off," I told him, smirking.

Clint rolled his eyes. "Ha ha. Funny." He shifted his eyes towards the colorless wooden plane in front of me. "You've been in here for ages and you still haven't done a simple thing."

I raised my hand in defeat. "Hey buddy, painting isn't that easy."

With just that his eyes darted towards me. "I know that and speaking of, how come you didn't say anything about you and your talent? You know, you shouldn't keep things like that to yourself."

I laughed. Talent? Really?

"Clint, this is just me letting my thoughts out. I haven't even started painting yet and all that you could see is this plain old wood. How do you know I have potential?"

Clint shrugged and stared at the wall for a second. What he did next surprised me. He reached for my arm and looked straight at my eyes, that's already widened by surprise. "I know you've got potential because I trust you. Curse seeing is believing, I have faith on you."