T W E N T Y - F O U R

a/n: prepare yourselves for feels

CHAPTER 24: LUST

Rosemary Cooper's POV

[February 4th, 2010]

"Stop trying to undress yourself, Rose," he whispers despite his eyes showing his desire for me to continue. "You're drunk."

I roll off of him dejectedly, sitting cross-legged on the cushion furthest from him, the one space between us feeling like miles. Childishly enough, I feel tears stinging in my eyes, not being able to process why he didn't want me.

"Am I unattractive?" I ask, my words slurring into one drunken cry as a hot tear slips down my cheek. "I thought that this is what you wanted."

I feel the couch dip as Spencer moves over, the motion perpetuating my dizziness. His hands gently grab my shoulders, turning me to face him.

"Rosemary, look at me," his words are serious, but his voice is soft. I lift my head to see him staring back at me intently, lifting his hand to wipe the tear from my cheek. "You are the most beautiful woman that I have ever met and there is absolutely nothing that I would love more than to take you here and now; believe me," his eyes darken with lust before he gets himself back under control. "But, as I said, you're intoxicated enough to not be thinking the way that you would be if you were sober."

"But I thought that you loved me... I'm confused, I don't understand. I thought this is what you do if you're in love with somebody." I feel another tear fall, but Spencer's thumb catches it before it drips from my chin.

"I do love you, Baby," he shivers, the darkness in his eyes making me shake with desire. "I love you so much and I could never take advantage of you," I watch his eyes as he talks, transfixed by the way the lust fades into love. "Do you understand now?"

I blink before nodding, a faint "Yes." pushing past my slightly swollen lips.

"If we were more sober, it would be a completely different story," Spencer's words are slightly slurred, but I can tell by his expression that he is intensely serious. "Oh, the things that I would do to you..." His gaze shamelessly scans over my body.

My eyes widen at this dirty side of Spencer that I never suspected to exist, let alone be able to witness.

"You'd better stop talking if you want me to respect what you told me a bit ago." I state, blinking my heavy eyes.

"You're right. Let's get you into some comfortable clothes before you pass out." Spencer chuckles, more sober than I am due to his larger frame.

"Mmkay." I agree, a sleepy smile spreading across my face.

He stands up, offering me his hand to help me up. I push myself onto my feet, immediately losing my balance and realizing that I am much more drunk than I thought that I was.

"You okay?" Spencer asks as he steadies me, my face falling to rest against the bare portion of his chest.

꧁꧁꧂꧂

Dr. Spencer Reid's POV

After a moment of brief deliberation, I bend down to scoop the exhausted and intoxicated temptress into my arms.

Now, I've never been exceptionally strong, but Rosemary isn't exactly heavy. She murmurs something against my neck that I don't quite catch, laughing when I shiver at the feeling of her lips brushing against the sensitive skin. I struggle to keep my thoughts pure and I set her onto her feet in the bathroom, flicking on the light to keep her awake.

I quickly go to my chest of drawers, not bothering to dig for her pajamas in her overnight bag. I grab an old white t-shirt and a pair of briefs that I have never worn, carrying both to the bathroom only to discover Rosemary brushing her teeth with my toothbrush. I shrug, not caring as much as I thought I would.

"Here, Sweetheart," I say, placing the clothes onto the sink. "Put these on. They'll be more comfy than what you're wearing."

She nods blearily and I duck out of the bathroom, leaving the door cracked in case she needed help but also allowing her some privacy. I get myself into some pajamas before knocking on the slightly-opened bathroom door.

"Mmuh?" I hear the disgruntled voice of Rosemary reply, making me chuckle fondly.

"Are you okay in there?" I ask, waiting patiently.

My response is the sound of the toilet flushing followed by the sink running. I open the door to see Rose washing her hands, looking around for a hand towel to dry off with. I retrieve it for her, and she slowly pats her hands dry before attempting to fold the towel, placing it onto the sink messily.

I take this moment to look down at her wearing my clothes, nearly losing control as I notice her bare legs emerging from under the t-shirt, which barely covers her to her mid-thigh. Although I've always been more of a subtle man, this woman is the only exception to driving me mad.

"Oh hey, Spencer," she smiles goofily, her voice snapping me out of my lustful fantasies. "Fancy meeting you here in the Ol' Water-Closet."

I close my eyes as my chest rumbles with a quiet laugh, my hand rising up to rub my face.

"You tired?" I ask her, and she blinks before nodding. "Okay, I'll take you to go to sleep." I tell her, holding my hand out to her.

She raises her arms above her head in a signal for me to carry her, her eyes drooping shut just as the bottom of the shirt rises up to reveal her thin underwear, the briefs I had given her abandoned on the countertop. I form my hands into fists, digging my fingernails into my palms as I feel myself grow hard at the sight. I bite back a moan, a long breath of air escaping my nose as I grit my teeth, briefly closing my eyes.

Trying not to touch her anywhere above her knees, I sweep my arm to allow them to bend over my forearm as I support her back with the other. She wraps her arms lightly around my shoulders, allowing her head to rest lazily against my collarbone. I look in the mirror, transfixed by the image before me.

Her pale skin against my tanned arms is alluring, the muscles of my biceps visible, flexed under her weight. My eyes linger on the roundness of her backside, giving one last longing glance at the iridescent navy blue underwear before using my better judgement to lay her down and go to sleep.

I gently place her onto the bed only to see that she is already almost asleep, completely trusting me. She adjusts her head comfortably on a pillow as I tuck the blanket over her, sitting on the edge of the bed for a moment. She stirs with a peaceful smile forming on her lips, but she isn't fully asleep just yet. I rise, brushing my teeth and turning off the light in the bathroom before walking to the other side of the bed, lying down.

Rosemary's heavy eyes open slightly as her hands reach out for me. She grabs onto me and tries to pull me over, succeeding only in tugging herself onto my side; too light to move me. I smile at this as she buries her head against my shoulder, her fiery hair wildly strewn across the pillow.

I wrap my arm around her, tugging her close as her breathing slows, the two of us falling asleep with smiles on our faces and our lover in our arms.