1 » bite me!

C H A P T E R O N E
MALINAS POINT OF VIEW

______________________________________________________

"I swear one of these days I'm gonna kill that leech."

My father growled out,
before continuing his pacing back and forth.

"I'll kill that dang leech before he even comes near your neck!"

I sighed as I closed my spell book,
Edwin cohn,
The vampire that, for some reason,
Had taken a liking to me,
Just hours ago he was at My door asking
My father for My hand in marriage.

My Grandmother of course encouraged me to accept his hand, telling me things about 'power' and 'jewels', when I didn't care about those things, If I am to marry either a poor man I'm in love with, or a rich man I've never met, I'd choose the poor man.

Every. Single. Time.

I see no point in marrying the leech, as its practicality forbidden for a vampire to marry someone out of there species, nonetheless a witch.

I stood up making my father turn to me with an alert stance. "father, I'm heading to bed."
He sighed and pulled me into a hug, which I greatly returned, I enjoyed the similar smell he had of my mother, the smell of wine and flowers, along with his usual woodsy sent, my fathers wolf was always very protective over me, even before they learned of
The prophecy.

"Are you sure, how about you stay up, and-"
I quickly shushed my nervous father, pulling back from the comfort of his arms, I patted his cheek.
"Father I'm going to my room, make sure no one disturbs me, I'll be practicing spells."

I gave him a pointed look, he knew that whenever I practiced that my grandmother had a tendency to, well, listen in.
Though its no use as she can't understand me, I do my spells in many different languages, as the spells were passed down from witches from my old life.

Apparently a witch named Carla knew me, and hunted me down, literally, just to give me my stuff and my spells.

Needless to say, my grandmother will never be a witch.
Not that she ever had a chance, I'd kill the evil hagg before she ever used any of her dark magic, she thinks I don't notice the dark look she gives me, or the poison in my tea that she gives me.

Yeah, I give my tea to her cat lupus.

T H E   N E X T   M O R N I N G

I woke up to what sounded like loud thunder, but really it was someone knocking on my door.

Grumbling I mentally cursed whoever was behind that door, I swear I can never get any sleep!
"Come back next Tuesday!"
I yelled out, and the knocking stopped, I sighed and slumped against my soft comforting bed.