Chapter 10

Mike and Susan walk in the door. I quickly grab a blanket and pull it over Colton and I. He whispers,

"Pretend to be asleep."

"I won't need to try in a minute." He chuckles and kisses the top of my head. We both lay down on the couch with the T.V. on. All of a sudden I hear an,

"Awh. Aren't they adorable or what?" from Susan.

I smile and snuggle closer to Colton as he holds me tighter against him and soon fall asleep listening to the beat of his heart.

I woke up hearing,

"Sam. Wake up, baby. Come on, Pumpkin. Get up, please." My eyes flutter open and I'm instantly met with a beautiful face. I smile and groggily ask,

"What?"

"Come on, get up."

"Why?" I am seriously confused as to why he is ordering me to do something.

"Because. We are going to a party."

"We? Don't you mean you?"

"No, we. So, go get ready, please."

I sat up and just realized that Colton had changed into a nice blue and black plaid button up with some dark jeans. I got up and ran up the stairs to my room. Quickly getting changed into some black skinny jeans and a red shirt with ruffles on the front. I headed back down the stairs. When I reached the bottom, Colton was already out the door. I frowned but went outside and closed the door just as he started up the engine. I got in the passenger seat and we drove off having small talk. For the last five minutes, we sat in comfortable silence. Finally, we pulled up into a huge mansion like house after about the 20 minute drive.

Colton held my hand as we made our way up to the door, but he immediately branched off as we entered. Soon I found a corner and sat there for about an hour.

Until Colton came up to me.

"Where have you been young lady?" He asked me.

I could smell the alcohol on him even at 5 feet away. I was here only an hour. Right?

"You're drunk." I stated matter-of-factly.

"No. I'm sober. Now, get up and come dance with me, slut." I was astonished that he said that.

I must have taken too long to get up because I felt myself being lifted to my feet by my hair. It hurt like a bitch.

"Ow." I whimpered slightly and he tugged harder on my hair.

"I said dance with me, whore." With that he grabbed my arms and held me close as he grinded into me.

I pushed away and said,

"You're drunk, Colton. Leave me alone." That was something I regretted ever saying. He yelled at me,

"BITCH!" Then, he did the unexpected. He slapped me. My right cheek was stinging so much that I couldn't hold the tears in any longer.

I looked up at him with fear in my eyes. All I could see was an image of my father. The on person that I hated the most. Colton realized what he had just done and looked scared. Scared because he could lose me. He took a step closer to me but I backed away in fear of him and if what just happened will happen again. He took another step closer but this time I turned and had one person that I didn't expect to see looking at me with a sad, sympathetic look. Terri Capons.

"Come on. I'll take you home. I promise I won't do anything." I nodded, not caring that I, an unpopular freak, would be in the same car as Terri, the most popular girl at school. She walked over to Colton and slapped him right across the face.

"I don't care if she's an unpopular. I don't care that she is with you anymore. But don't you EVER disrespect a girl like that! Especially a very sweet, and caring girl like Sam! You had o right to do that. You were drunk and knew you were going to get drunk. You shouldn't have brought her. But you did so nothing would happen to her while you were gone. But look how well that turned out! HUH?! Fuck you, asshole. Oh, and I believe Sam has a few words to say, too, right?" She looks over to me and I look back at Colton. He's crying now but I could care less. He deserves it but one thing he does not deserve is me. I stare at him straight in the eye and say,

"We're threw." With that I turned and walked to Terri's car outside. Eventually she came out of the house with keys in her hand and we both got in, starting our 20 minute drive back to Colton's house. I can't even call it my home anymore. Not after what he had done.

"Thank you." I say looking out the window.

"No problem. No matter how much we despise each other, I still don't think it's right to be abusive and hurt people like that."

I nodded.

"You know, if you don't want to stay at that assholes house, you can stay with me at mine."

"I thought you despised me." I said with a slight giggle.

"Sam. I never despised you. I was jealous of you. That's why I always tried taking away things from you and I'm sorry because I did take away really important stuff."

"It's alright, Terri. I forgive you. Now, about your offer. I think I will stay with you, is that alright?"

"Of course! You should stay the whole week so we can get to know each other better. And so you can get away from him for a while."

"Thank you." And from then on we talked about random stuff and actually had a lot in common.

I was packed for this whole week. I didn't tell anyone where I was going so this should be fun. I'm now on Terri's bed slowly drifting off to sleep with her next to me. Just before I fall asleep I get a text.

From: Colton

I miss you, baby. I'm sorry. :( xxxxxxxoxxxxxxxx

I just sighed and put my phone on the bedside table and let darkness overtake me.