Chapter 2

What did he just say?! No! No, no, no, no, no!

"Why... What... When... Huh?" I couldn't seem to form a coherent sentence. He backs up and says,

"I've liked you for a long time and everyday seeing you just makes my feelings grow stronger. You and I both have no idea what you're doing to me."

"How is this," I gesture between the two of us, "even possible? I mean seriously, the bad boy, player and the nerd. How cliché can you get?"

"I'm sorry. I-I don't exactly know what's happening either. But all I can say is that I don't regret that kiss. I mean you felt the sparks, too, right?" Okay, now that was cheesy. I merely just shake my head.

"No, I didn't. And stay away from me! Don't talk to me." I said storming out of the closet. That was so a lie.

I checked my phone and saw I had about 5 minutes left until third period considering I just spent all of second period with that jerk. As soon as the bell rang I was practically sprinting for my locker. Although it didn't go so smooth considering I was the most hated at the school and I don't even know why. I got shoved and even slapped a couple of times. Luckily, my third period is right across from my locker so I walked straight in and sat at the back. It was Geography. The teacher was already in there. Old lady, short gray hair, height also being short, but she was surprisingly nice and laid back. You know, unlike the other old teachers who are strict and mean. The bell rang and people started piling in. This time there were a few seats left at the front and the rest of my whole row.

The rest of third and fourth period went by in a blur, just introducing ourselves and saying one thing we did over the summer. My biggest issue was probably going to be lunch, because? Yep! You got it... Colton. Simple as that. Oh, and guess where he's sitting? At the loner table in the corner of the cafeteria, where I usually sit. Yippee! Please tell me that you're getting the sarcasm. I walked over there and sat down. I couldn't help but notice the 2 trays that were in front of him. So, I asked him,

"What you got there?" I gestured toward all the food.

"Lunch," he replied, shrugging.

"You're going to eat all of that?" Don't get me wrong, I know he's a growing boy and needs his vitamins and all but, damn. That was a lot of food.

"No. Of course not silly! Ones for you." He slid a tray of fries, a cheeseburger, some yogurt, and a vitamin water over to me.

"Um... I'm good. I think I'll pass on lunch today." To be honest I wasn't all that hungry. I was used to starving myself because my dad would say I was getting too fat after a slice of bread, half an orange, and some water. So, sometimes I can usually go for about a week or two without any food.

"You should eat something. You are sickly skinny. It's not healthy," he said frowning.

"Why are you being so nice all of sudden? Why aren't you over at your table trying to get some action in the janitors closet. Oh no, I brought it up! I brought the janitors closet up.

"First, the janitors closet will only be our thing now. Second, life is about taking risks and going after what you want. So, why not start now?" I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Start now?" I asked incredulous, "you have been getting what you want ever since freshman year." I stated clearly.

"I know but what I mean right now is something that I actually care about." I feel my eyes widen.

Just then the bell rings. Saved by the bell has never made much since until now.

"Well, gotta get to class."

"Wait," I hear him yell as he jogs up to me. People start looking at him weird, even his friends, "What class do you have next?" I look at my schedule.

"Uhh... Science with Mrs. Heward. Why?"

"I've got the same class. I'll walk you there," he says smiling.

"Thanks, but I think I can get there in my-" he cut me off,

"No. I insist!" Okay, this is getting creepy.

Once we start walking to class his friends come up behind me and shove me to the ground with my books flying everywhere. They start laughing and patting Colton's shoulder thinking he set this up for them to make me more vulnerable.

"What the hell?!" Colton shouts at Trevor and Steven. Steven answers,

"Sorry man, we thought you told us to do that." 

"No. We left out the last part." Trevor says back. They both smirk as they start kicking me carelessly. This is worst than I ever got at school before. I knew I shouldn't have trusted Colton. The son of a bitch! Colton shoves them away and kneels down next to me.

"Are you okay?! God, Sam I'm so sorry about them. They're assholes. That wasn't supposed to hap-" I cut him off by putting my palm in his face and standing up.

"Don't," I say coldly, "I knew I shouldn't have trusted you so quickly! This is the worst beating I've got in the past year here and all you can say is sorry?! I know there assholes Macks, but so are you! I knew you were up to something. I was just so stupid to realize sooner." With that I walked away. Well, more like limped because of the kicking I received to my shins. I made it about 5 steps away when I started coughing. I noticed a very familiar looking color come up when I started choking and falling.

"Sam!" I heard Colton yell, "someone call 911!" He ran over to me and picked me up bridal style. I could hear sirens already coming this way. I kept coughing up blood onto his shirt. I could feel myself getting lifted into the stretcher when everything started to fade. I felt someone holding my hand as I was lifted into an ambulance.

"It's okay, baby girl. Stay awake, do you hear me? Stay awake. I'll be at the hospital as soon as I-" The persons voice was cut off by a door slamming closed.

"She's losing too much blood! We need to hurry," was the last thing I heard before I let the darkness consume me.