"What can I say, we got a bit distracted." Brian grinned and strode towards me. Wrapping a arm around my waist, pulling me against his side.

In that moment I could feel my cheeks burning with embarrassment. If it was one thing I wasn't use to, it was Brian's affinity to find someway to get his hands on me. Even in the store he sat close enough to me that our legs brushed up against one another. I'm not complaining, but I wasn't used to it... The attention I mean. Besides Matt, no guy ever even gave me the time of day before.

Midge lifted a brow as she watched the two of us carefully, turning to Charlotte giving her the same look she just gave me. Great, now I'll have to explain to them what Brian was doing... Fucking hell, I didn't even know what he was doing.

"Distracted?" A deep voice snapped my attention right away from the current situation. My eyes landing on Matt who was leaning against the kitchen counter, watching us carefully.

"Yeah, have a problem with that?" Immediately Brian seemed to tense and go on the defensive. Like he actually wanted to finish what Matt was starting.

"You know what, it's not a big deal." My body pulled away from Brian as Matt's gaze still fell on me. I don't know why I moved but just the look made me feel like I was disappointing him. That me being that close to his friend was causing him pain. I know it's a stupid emotion given the fact he's said little to nothing to me since I've been here but it still didn't matter. "Won't happen again."

"You don't have to say that, he's just being a dick." Brian quietly said to me, but I shook my head softly. I needed to say it for some stupid reason, a reason that still was unclear even to myself.

Pushing myself into the living room I sunk onto the couch. Ignoring my friends eyes on me, as I pulled my feet up underneath me. My hands going to my back pocket looking for my phone but when I ended up just groping myself I remembered that I gave it to Brian. Probably for the best.

After a few moments the group dispersed once again, leaving me by myself in the house. They were all outside breaking open the booze we got from our little trip. Well, in the case of Zacky, they were probably trying to get it away from him. Knowing him he'd drink the whole bottle without sharing.

Hearing them outside yelling and screaming made a small smile tug on my lips. But I didn't feel like starting anything up tonight. Matt already seemed on the defensive and I wasn't helping that situation. Well at least judging by his earlier attitude, I wasn't helping the situation. And a major blow up was definitely not on my agenda. I didn't want to ruin M's wedding just because I can't be civilized to one of her friends.

"Hey, um... Linds?" My head was so deep in thought that the voice actually startled me. The familiarity to it was unnerving, making my heart sink when I instantly thought of my Matt.

"Yeah?" I timidly said, peeking up at the person standing in the doorway.

Matt was awkwardly lent against the wall. His hand rubbing the back of his neck lightly. His eyes dropped to the ground as he seemingly looked like he had something to say. Wasn't going to hold my breath though, probably die before he got out what he was thinking.

We were in an uncomfortable silence for longer than I would have liked. So I cleared my throat in hopes that it would motivate him into talking, but when he continued to just stand there I assumed he wanted me gone. He just didn't want to tell me directly.

"You want me to leave?" I asked, wrapping my arms around my body. My feet pushing to the ground helping me stand. "Look I understand, you don't like me. But at least try to be nice for M. I'm not going to be blamed for ruining her big day." Involuntarily my lips twitched in a scowl. Causing Matt's head to whip up and look at me.