Chapter 15

Michael was breathless from the intensity and passion of their lovemaking as he lay back on the bed with his hands behind his head, struggling to catch his breath. Darcy had been driving him insane from the first second he kissed her in their hotel room and he was glad that she hadn't let her responsibilities to making his friends happy ruin their passion. He couldn't believe it when they first caught their breath after their lovemaking in the shower and his beautiful girl admitted that if he could persuade her to forget her responsibilities then she could make him forget his. And he hadn't been able to ignore the sweet pout she showed him as she wrapped herself in a towel and then stepped up close to him and began drying his hair as they talked. It was such a simple thing, such a silly little thing but at the time, there had been some level of sensuality behind her touch and Michael hadn't been able to keep back from kissing her and allowing her teasing kisses to drag him into the bedroom where they had made love again. And it had been heavenly to bask in their feelings, to let their passion override everything else and take them on a journey to a place where no-one else existed, where no-one else mattered and all that filled their minds was their love.

He hated the thought that they had to leave for Ben's house at six but at least they still had an hour together before then and he loved that Darcy didn't want to be anywhere else than in his arms. Lying there with her gorgeous smile staring up at him as she folded her arms across his chest and ran her fingers slowly over his skin, he couldn't help but say the words that came to his lips. "I wish we could stay here forever." Michael sighed, unable to keep the words to himself as he gently played with her hair, brushing it back from her eyes with a look of dedication and adoration that didn't go unnoticed. And she had to agree that it sounded more than perfect, allowing them to be together without having to think of anything else and follow someone else's time schedule just because they weren't at home anymore.

"And why do you say that?" Darcy teased gently, brushing her fingers over his chest once more, deep in thought. It had been a long day and she couldn't believe it was already time to go to Ben's, that she would have to go through the combined emotional wringer of Michael's friends and anyone else who invited themselves along to the party to laugh at her and tell her fiancé that she wasn't good enough for him.

"Don't you agree that it would be perfect if we could spend every day like this? To make love and never need to go anywhere, just to be together and lie here together without a care in the world?" He smiled, reaching out to tenderly caress the side of her face as she planted a kiss on his chest, his smile increasing with her torment. She couldn't disagree with him that it sounded wonderful, to have nothing else to do and nowhere to go, no-one to see or be perfect for, no-one to impress or make her feel nervous. Just to be alone with Michael and know that he loved her, to hear him say it and feel his kisses telling her how he felt. Whether he found her amusing or adorable, whether he was in a bad mood from work and just wanted to let her know that he still cared or whether he was in the same horny mood he had been on the plane. His kisses always told her something about him and she couldn't remember anything more precious than their first kiss, when he had admitted that he was much more vulnerable than people made him out to be and that all he wanted, all he had been looking for was someone to love him.

"Happy birthday Michael." Darcy didn't know why she said it, or why they had been her first words after his admission to how perfect their afternoon had been so far. All she could think about was that the time had passed much quicker than she had expected and before Michael could ask her what she was thinking or she could see his confused frown, she went on to explain, amusing him on the highest levels. "It seems strange to think that we only left home at eleven o'clock yesterday. By all calculations we should have arrived at midnight, with it being a thirteen hour flight and it seems funny to think that it's all down to the time difference, that it's technically been a day and a half since we left." She sighed as she slid up beside him and snuggled in, laying her head on his shoulder. They each enjoyed the comfort that washed over them as he wrapped his arm around her, both wishing they didn't have to go anywhere.